Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 5th 2013 new
I won't even say what I was thinking cause I know that was the devil in me. wink
Dec 6th 2013 new
Larry, that's true, that we are to tend to our own sanctity, but it's also true that people who really don't care about their sanctity half the time and half the time they give half an effort, they are going to feel badly around just being around people who really are trying. Please don't assume that just because people take their spiritual lives seriously that they are nagging others. Really, the only nagging that is done from someone who takes their own spiritual life seriously is in the wounded consciences of those who see them and feel confronted that maybe they ought to do the same. Please don't put down people who take their spiritual lives seriously. We are supposed to exhort one another, at least, that's what the Bible says. If piety annoys you, that's your problem, not someone who is trying to please God.
Dec 6th 2013 new
Good post! I think the past is the past and unless it has a direct impact on the future of any potential relationship then it doesn't require discussion...Past sins are between you and God.
Dec 6th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: But seriously. A woman is supposed to do what a husband says...
You believe that? Seriously?? Oy vey!!!

Dec 6th 2013 new
If a man loves and cherishes his wife as he supposed to, then of course the wife should be able to trust him and do as he asks -- not blindly, but if he is truly trying to lead her to heaven, to look out for her good, he will not want anything not good for her. Being submissive means being "under the mission of". A man's mission is to love his wife as Christ loved the church... (He died for the church) A woman's mission is to let her husband fulfill his mission..which is to love her like Christ. It is a beautiful verse that upholds the dignity of the woman that she is and the kind of love she is worthy of. The man has the more difficult job here. (Of course, both must strive to love, to die to themselves, to be loveable as well)
Dec 6th 2013 new
"Please don't put down people who take their spiritual lives seriously."

I am so delighted that you love God so intensely. Your devotion to the church, the Eucharist and all the saints is not only edifying, I am personally grateful to you. All that you are doing benefits all of us in the Body of Christ. So thank you. Please pray for me because I, like you, wish only to grow so in my love of God that, through His grace, it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in me. We all need your love and compassion. But we are weak wounded creatures, blind and bumping our way along, trying to find our way home. So please offer up your trials and pains for all of us.
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: If a man loves and cherishes his wife as he supposed to, then of course the wife should be able to trust him and do as he asks -- not blindly, but if he is truly trying to lead her to heaven, to look out for her good, he will not want anything not good for her. Being submissive means being "under the mission of". A man's mission is to love his wife as Christ loved the church... (He died for the church) A woman's mission is to let her husband fulfill his mission..which is to love her like Christ. It is a beautiful verse that upholds the dignity of the woman that she is and the kind of love she is worthy of. The man has the more difficult job here. (Of course, both must strive to love, to die to themselves, to be loveable as well)
Beautifully said Rachel!! hug
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: ?
Yeah, and ricin is almost like stevia, or something.

Counterfeits can temporarily salve the wounds, but sometimes they do us more damage in the long run than had we endured the pain of lack.
thumbsup

...and when sugar was replaced with high fructose corn syrup....wonder what sort of impact that is having on America's health.....
Dec 7th 2013 new
A quote offered by Susanne eatlier

there are three rules of dealing with those who come to us
1] kindness
2] kindness
3] kindness Bishop Fulton Sheen
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: I should tell you the empathy story. Don't want to corrupt you though. This is just what's going on in the real world.

Be grateful that you have stayed close to the Lord.

I met a girl who was gung-ho on Jesus. Her ex husband talked her into swinging. She ended up having a relationship though when he wasn't around which ticked him off and led to the divorce. She was so remorseful. Also appreciative that I accepted her.

Two weeks in though she met a guy who did exactly the same thing to his wife and left me for him. He was a trucker looking for a place to live. I'm sure things worked out spendidly for them.

I on the other had am sure about where I stand on marriage. One man and one woman forever. Period. So my sins up til then I hope are just a drop in the bucket. I promise to always protect my wife from the devil.

Just hope she shows up soon or I'm a gonner.
It seems to me that you are confused about what is a sacramental marriage and what are the requirements to enter into such a holy pact. People who are weak in faith will allow themselves to be "talked into" sin, as you have seen with your friend and once bitten (by the devil) it's twice as hard to resist his unholy advances. This is why we are reminded to eschew all things unholy. You underestimate the power of evil to sway your human mind. It is an act of pride to think you can remain holy by associating with people who engage in mortal sin. When 2 people who have proclivity for the same type of sin become affiliated, they both fall. Is it worth it to risk the life of your soul and hers for temporal gratification? Think twice. If you believe that you can "have fun" until your ego catches up with your spiritual beliefs then you are guilty of the sin of presumption. Seek direction with a holy priest for confirmation and I invite you to visit The Blessed Sacrament frequently. God will change the way you think about Him and He will provide you with greater knowledge of the absolute beauty of a woman's interior soul which far outweighs her outward appearance. And He will teach you how to respect His Image in her. God bless you on your journey.
Posts 21 - 30 of 177