Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 7th 2013 new
Hmmmm deep post. I think that honesty is the best policy. I don't mean that you have to tell every single thing you think and did. I mean you need to be honest about who you are. Be true to yourself. Don't pretend to be someone you are not. Kindness is number one. If you are kind then you will be honest too.
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: Larry, that's true, that we are to tend to our own sanctity, but it's also true that people who really don't care about their sanctity half the time and half the time they give half an effort, they are going to feel badly around just being around people who really are trying. Please don't assume that just because people take their spiritual lives seriously that they are nagging others. Really, the only nagging that is done from someone who takes their own spiritual life seriously is in the wounded consciences of those who see them and feel confronted that maybe they ought to do the same. Please don't put down people who take their spiritual lives seriously. We are supposed to exhort one another, at least, that's what the Bible says. If piety annoys you, that's your problem, not someone who is trying to please God.
I like reading your posts; as an engineer I appreciate deep thinkerssmile
I plan to go to confession today so that I will feel more worthy of taking communion during the Advent season.
Catholics that only go to church during Christmas and Easter don't take their spiritual lives seriously. Your spiritual life is not just between you and God, as many protestants believe.
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: Larry, that's true, that we are to tend to our own sanctity, but it's also true that people who really don't care about their sanctity half the time and half the time they give half an effort, they are going to feel badly around just being around people who really are trying. Please don't assume that just because people take their spiritual lives seriously that they are nagging others. Really, the only nagging that is done from someone who takes their own spiritual life seriously is in the wounded consciences of those who see them and feel confronted that maybe they ought to do the same. Please don't put down people who take their spiritual lives seriously. We are supposed to exhort one another, at least, that's what the Bible says. If piety annoys you, that's your problem, not someone who is trying to please God.
A wise, kind and truthful response. Beautiful, Lynea.
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: I had a revelation tonight. First of all that I've become the modern day equivalent of a flagellant. And since Rome has historically had a problem with them I really need to stop writing in these forums. Second is that the sin (whatever sin it is) is not the worst part of it. It's talking about it in public.

This is one reason we confess our sins to a priest I believe. And I know this is one of the biggest things that is wrong with our society. Too many people talking about their sins honestly and openly. Justifying them even. To the point where if you don't "they" label you a hypocrite.

It hurts people. People who are lonely. People who are trying to be good Christians. And most importantly by far. It hurts our children.

Not to mention in the process I believe the "talkers" have completely destroyed the very concept of love. Or at very least put it at odds with having fun. Like you can still have one but not the other.

Now the tough part is going to be explaining this and not in the process doing it again. Let's just say I'm thinking about changing some of the answers in my profile to be in agreement with the church. Yeah maybe I do these things, but I understand they are a sin. Though seemingly natural and innocent (if not then just necessary evils) I also understand how those sins have led to many of societies problems. Maybe I can't stop doing them even, but that doesn't mean I don't agree with the church that it is sinful.

So from a dating perspective...

Is that fair to you? If you go to my profile and think I'm some sort of angel. Does it matter to you if that isn't true?

And is it fair to me? Will someone a little more "naughty" pass over my profile because we apparently don't agree? Would I not meet the person I'm a better match for possibly?

But then again is settling for empathy not the greatest hurdle to redemption?

Scratch that last question. That's a whole nother can of worms for sure. Please just think about the first two groups.

I am honestly thinking this through and can't decide what to do.

I think this is interesting topic.

I think if you believe in all the 7 teachings then answer yes....but if you feel you are not capable or weak in an area...be upfront quickly in a relationship. For instance if one is weak in chasity and the other strong, I think this could be problematic......especially if you one does not respect when their girlfriend boyfriend says no in love of God. Someone chased has usually great joy in this chasity.....and if their partner has not had that Grace, and Joy......it's
Possible I think to bring them down......but....I also recall how st Rita of cascia became st Rita of cascia only because her husband and her had a struggle .....in a sense they were mismatched.....but in the end, she was an instrument in the hands of The Lord, for the salvation of his soul....and to her...he was an instrument in her being such a known saint and witness to God. Gods plans are so beautiful!!.....not even sin can blot out God's plan!!!

so...food for,thought perhaps...

I do think lyne has a point....society does glamorize sin and vices as okay......but I don't think that is what you saying....ewtn ( catholic programming) routinely discusses openly how we must fight sin, our common struggles with it etc.....but all is done so in a different light from worldly secular culture...all is discussed in the light of God, .....
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: If a man loves and cherishes his wife as he supposed to, then of course the wife should be able to trust him and do as he asks -- not blindly, but if he is truly trying to lead her to heaven, to look out for her good, he will not want anything not good for her. Being submissive means being "under the mission of". A man's mission is to love his wife as Christ loved the church... (He died for the church) A woman's mission is to let her husband fulfill his mission..which is to love her like Christ. It is a beautiful verse that upholds the dignity of the woman that she is and the kind of love she is worthy of. The man has the more difficult job here. (Of course, both must strive to love, to die to themselves, to be loveable as well)
Beautiful! Amen!
Dec 7th 2013 new
maybe Eric was looking for this:

www.youtube.com
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Jillian-1014035 said: Beautiful! Amen!
And furthermore, can I please just find someone like that for me and get off this site forever.....
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Jillian-1014035 said: And furthermore, can I please just find someone like that for me and get off this site forever.....
You 'n' me both, plus many others too...... faint
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: If a man loves and cherishes his wife as he supposed to, then of course the wife should be able to trust him and do as he asks -- not blindly, but if he is truly trying to lead her to heaven, to look out for her good, he will not want anything not good for her. Being submissive means being "under the mission of". A man's mission is to love his wife as Christ loved the church... (He died for the church) A woman's mission is to let her husband fulfill his mission..which is to love her like Christ. It is a beautiful verse that upholds the dignity of the woman that she is and the kind of love she is worthy of. The man has the more difficult job here. (Of course, both must strive to love, to die to themselves, to be loveable as well)
If only I could find a man for this!......and be forever off this site.....please Lord!
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: You 'n' me both, plus many others too......
True! Living in the south makes it even harder... sad
Posts 31 - 40 of 177