Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-990279 said: A wise, kind and truthful response. Beautiful, Lynea.
Amen! Praying
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: If a man loves and cherishes his wife as he supposed to, then of course the wife should be able to trust him and do as he asks -- not blindly, but if he is truly trying to lead her to heaven, to look out for her good, he will not want anything not good for her. Being submissive means being "under the mission of". A man's mission is to love his wife as Christ loved the church... (He died for the church) A woman's mission is to let her husband fulfill his mission..which is to love her like Christ. It is a beautiful verse that upholds the dignity of the woman that she is and the kind of love she is worthy of. The man has the more difficult job here. (Of course, both must strive to love, to die to themselves, to be loveable as well)
Excellent
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Jillian-1014035 said: I think this is interesting topic.

I think if you believe in all the 7 teachings then answer yes....but if you feel you are not capable or weak in an area...be upfront quickly in a relationship. For instance if one is weak in chasity and the other strong, I think this could be problematic......especially if you one does not respect when their girlfriend boyfriend says no in love of God. Someone chased has usually great joy in this chasity.....and if their partner has not had that Grace, and Joy......it's
Possible I think to bring them down......but....I also recall how st Rita of cascia became st Rita of cascia only because her husband and her had a struggle .....in a sense they were mismatched.....but in the end, she was an instrument in the hands of The Lord, for the salvation of his soul....and to her...he was an instrument in her being such a known saint and witness to God. Gods plans are so beautiful!!.....not even sin can blot out God's plan!!!

so...food for,thought perhaps...

I do think lyne has a point....society does glamorize sin and vices as okay......but I don't think that is what you saying....ewtn ( catholic programming) routinely discusses openly how we must fight sin, our common struggles with it etc.....but all is done so in a different light from worldly secular culture...all is discussed in the light of God, .....
Well said
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Jillian-1014035 said: If only I could find a man for this!......and be forever off this site.....please Lord!
Maybe we just aren't aligned right? Pointing 'due north' (toward God, not just our heart's desire?)
Maybe we could learn from fox hunting...
www.edisproduction.de
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: Maybe we just aren't aligned right? Pointing 'due north' (toward God, not just our heart's desire?)
Maybe we could learn from fox hunting...
http://www.edisproduction.de/2013/11/19/fox-hunting-under-snow-in-an-incredible-way/
Whoa! That was amazing. How weird that the fox can use the North Pole that way. Not to get silly but it reminds me of this video on what the fox says.
www.youtube.com
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-990279 said: It seems to me that you are confused about what is a sacramental marriage and what are the requirements to enter into such a holy pact. People who are weak in faith will allow themselves to be "talked into" sin, as you have seen with your friend and once bitten (by the devil) it's twice as hard to resist his unholy advances. This is why we are reminded to eschew all things unholy. You underestimate the power of evil to sway your human mind. It is an act of pride to think you can remain holy by associating with people who engage in mortal sin. When 2 people who have proclivity for the same type of sin become affiliated, they both fall. Is it worth it to risk the life of your soul and hers for temporal gratification? Think twice. If you believe that you can "have fun" until your ego catches up with your spiritual beliefs then you are guilty of the sin of presumption. Seek direction with a holy priest for confirmation and I invite you to visit The Blessed Sacrament frequently. God will change the way you think about Him and He will provide you with greater knowledge of the absolute beauty of a woman's interior soul which far outweighs her outward appearance. And He will teach you how to respect His Image in her. God bless you on your journey.
I totally agree with this. I've come to realize that although I have sinned by not being chaste in the past, that it was not gratifying for long (This is why we fall over and over again). True that when "once bitten (by the devil) it's twice as hard to resist his unholy advances." However it is not impossible to change your ways! God is waiting for us all the time, he doesn't turn his back on us we DO! If you really want to grow in your faith it is necessary to stop being around people who engage in mortal sin. I am happy to have made the decision to turn to God and see his amazing grace save a wretch like me...
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Larry-994477 said: Whoa! That was amazing. How weird that the fox can use the North Pole that way. Not to get silly but it reminds me of this video on what the fox says.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
Oh no! Now I've got that stuck in my head again! I'll be singing it and dancing around the house all day to that silly thing!
Aroooo-oooo-ooo!
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Jeanne-1031332 said: You believe that? Seriously?? Oy vey!!!

The main reason I came to this website is that I never wanted to debate "Paul" with a raging feminist again. Kidding kidding! Thank you all for commenting. Be back Monday. I work all weekend.

wave
Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-990279 said: It seems to me that you are confused about what is a sacramental marriage and what are the requirements to enter into such a holy pact. People who are weak in faith will allow themselves to be "talked into" sin, as you have seen with your friend and once bitten (by the devil) it's twice as hard to resist his unholy advances. This is why we are reminded to eschew all things unholy. You underestimate the power of evil to sway your human mind. It is an act of pride to think you can remain holy by associating with people who engage in mortal sin. When 2 people who have proclivity for the same type of sin become affiliated, they both fall. Is it worth it to risk the life of your soul and hers for temporal gratification? Think twice. If you believe that you can "have fun" until your ego catches up with your spiritual beliefs then you are guilty of the sin of presumption. Seek direction with a holy priest for confirmation and I invite you to visit The Blessed Sacrament frequently. God will change the way you think about Him and He will provide you with greater knowledge of the absolute beauty of a woman's interior soul which far outweighs her outward appearance. And He will teach you how to respect His Image in her. God bless you on your journey.
BAM!!! rosary

" It is an act of pride to think you can remain holy by associating with people who engage in mortal sin. When 2 people who have proclivity for the same type of sin become affiliated, they both fall. Is it worth it to risk the life of your soul and hers for temporal gratification? Think twice. If you believe that you can "have fun" until your ego catches up with your spiritual beliefs then you are guilty of the sin of presumption. Seek direction with a holy priest for confirmation and I invite you to visit The Blessed Sacrament frequently. God will change the way you think about Him and He will provide you with greater knowledge of the absolute beauty of a woman's interior soul which far outweighs her outward appearance. And He will teach you how to respect His Image in her. God bless you on your journey."
clapclapclap

I love your posts, Bernadette!!!

Dec 7th 2013 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: The main reason I came to this website is that I never wanted to debate "Paul" with a raging feminist again. Kidding kidding! Thank you all for commenting. Be back Monday. I work all weekend.

No raging feminist here ... just a fellow human trying to stay on course and who doesn't believe God created any second class citizens
Posts 41 - 50 of 177