Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 13th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-1034540 said: It makes me saddened to see inflammatory, defammatory rhetoric of any kind in this community environment that encourages prejudice born of fear and others have mirrored this sentiment in other forums. Our Holy Father encourages us to be loving and accepting of all God's children. Why must some part of the human race demonize one race or group or another? What good comes of castigating someone else as a lesser being? There are far greater minds than mine to address this philosophical and psychological question however, what I feel compelled to ask is why all the fear mongering and why bring it here? To what end?
Does it help anyone grow in love, understanding and acceptance of our human family? Empathy for those who don't 'fit in' might be a more faith filled option. Medicine has recognized for a long time that gender is not clear in some albeit a small percentage of the population. Should we reject and thereby abuse these children? People do not choose their gender preferences. Many suffer great emotional pains of rejection and many die or are killed because of a characteristic they did not ask for. The same could be said for the color of one's skin or the ethnic group we are born into.
Once we get into lumping any group of people into a "them" it is easier to hate. I recall during the Viet Nam war and no, I won't minimize that by calling it a 'conflict,' that the Viet Namese soldiers were dehumanized by being referred to by a derogatory name which I won't repeat.. for the reason that it made it easier to kill an "it" and not another human being. Perhaps... it is not gender attraction that is the 'evil' here but rather the hate that gets directed at any Child of God. Seek first to understand is a kinder, gentler and more Christian approach is it not?
Inflammatory, defamatory rhetoric?

www.lifesitenews.com.

Dec 13th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-1034540 said:  What good comes of castigating someone else as a lesser being? There are far greater minds than mine to address this philosophical and psychological question however, what I feel compelled to ask is why all the fear mongering and why bring it here? To what end?

The "Gay Manifesto" was absolutely filled with hatred towards Christians and it was very sad reading.

As Our Lady pointed out at Fatima the sins that lead many to the fires of Hell are the sins of the flesh. These include heterosexual and homosexual sins. What good can come for someone turning away from sin, perhaps because they are rebuked by a Christian? They may be spared the eternal fires and instead enjoy eternal peace with God the Father in Heaven. A well known local identity died suddenly this year. He was formerly a notorious gay advocate and practised what he preached. Through the grace of God he was led to the Catholic Church. To quote him in a newspaper article:

"There was no getting around the fact the New Testament said we were all meant to be chaste or monogamously married and I had reluctantly concluded that St Paul was right about homosexual sex."

I rejoice when someone seeks and finds the Truth (fortunately there are many) rather than being a victim of false charity. Saying "it's OK to live any way you want and God accepts it" is frankly not the way it works. There are people in Heaven as we speak because they were pulled up by someone and changed their lives.
Dec 13th 2013 new
Very scary stuff, and much of this is already happening. I pray.
Dec 13th 2013 new

I am referring to the content contained in the link posted by Damien.
Dec 13th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-1034540 said:
I am referring to the content contained in the link posted by Damien.
Other than one phrase used at the beginning of the second paragraph to describe a single individual, what do you object to in the article?

Dec 13th 2013 new
the very title of the link "blogwrath" gives a good indication that the entire piece is an excellent example of highly prejudicial, inflammatory hate mongering. There is nothing constructive in what is presented and it is extremely biased and dehumanizing but then it is "blogwrath" by definition. I do not feel it is at all reflective of rational faith based discourse as reflected by some of the pejorative responses entered by some readers.
Dec 13th 2013 new
I note there is an unrelated link after the moderator comment that did not relate to the originating thread. To clarify, please see the link provided by Damien who initiated the thread http://www.blogwrath.com and note that the content that comes up is under a header tagged "NAMBLA" which is an abhorrent organization which supports/promotes pedofilia and is under criminal investigation and so has no place here. There is some indication that those hoping to incite fear about gay people will use rhetoric from this criminal group to foster fear and further their particular agenda. Hope this clarifies my comments.
Dec 13th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-1034540 said: I note there is an unrelated link after the moderator comment that did not relate to the originating thread. To clarify, please see the link provided by Damien who initiated the thread www.blogwrath.com and note that the content that comes up is under a header tagged "NAMBLA" which is an abhorrent organization which supports/promotes pedofilia and is under criminal investigation and so has no place here. There is some indication that those hoping to incite fear about gay people will use rhetoric from this criminal group to foster fear and further their particular agenda. Hope this clarifies my comments.
The blog post Damien linked to is providing information about militant gay activists and their agenda; I see nothing there that suggests the author is speaking of homosexuals in general.

The link in my previous post is to a recent article on another site which documents an instance of protests by militant gay activists, which, again, do not represent homosexuals in general, engaging in the type of activities described in the article in Damien's post.

Homosexual activists, militant and otherwise, as well as other groups promoting immoral agendas (abortion, euthanasia, contraception, taking over public education, etc.) are waging war on Christian society. They are not merely promoting their agendas through normal political process, which would be bad enough; they are using their influence to circumvent the normal process through judicial activism and abuse of executive power within the governments.

I am not saying homosexuals are bad people or that they as individuals should be ostracized. However, their agendas that promote the societal acceptance of immoral behavior -- behavior described as an abomination in Scripture -- must be stopped.

Dec 13th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-1034540 said: It makes me saddened to see inflammatory, defammatory rhetoric of any kind in this community environment that encourages prejudice born of fear and others have mirrored this sentiment in other forums. Our Holy Father encourages us to be loving and accepting of all God's children. Why must some part of the human race demonize one race or group or another? What good comes of castigating someone else as a lesser being? There are far greater minds than mine to address this philosophical and psychological question however, what I feel compelled to ask is why all the fear mongering and why bring it here? To what end?
Does it help anyone grow in love, understanding and acceptance of our human family? Empathy for those who don't 'fit in' might be a more faith filled option. Medicine has recognized for a long time that gender is not clear in some albeit a small percentage of the population. Should we reject and thereby abuse these children? People do not choose their gender preferences. Many suffer great emotional pains of rejection and many die or are killed because of a characteristic they did not ask for. The same could be said for the color of one's skin or the ethnic group we are born into.
Once we get into lumping any group of people into a "them" it is easier to hate. I recall during the Viet Nam war and no, I won't minimize that by calling it a 'conflict,' that the Viet Namese soldiers were dehumanized by being referred to by a derogatory name which I won't repeat.. for the reason that it made it easier to kill an "it" and not another human being. Perhaps... it is not gender attraction that is the 'evil' here but rather the hate that gets directed at any Child of God. Seek first to understand is a kinder, gentler and more Christian approach is it not?
We must love the sinner, but also hate the sin. Once we accept the sin, we are no longer loving the sinner -- no matter how compassionate we think we are being -- because we have given up on fighting for their eternal salvation.

Dec 13th 2013 new

Mary . your respond's is interesting . First of all let`s get something straight here I`m not trying or was not my intention to discriminate against anyone . The reason I put this on here is to high-light the Evil in this world theses people are GODs people yes that's part is true. we all are but they do the work of the diabolical You can't DIALOGUE with someone who HATES you. There is a reason why the Catholic Church is called the Church Militant on earth to fight against Evil. We must all arm our self's with the armor of GOD to do spiritual battle.. these people need many many prayers said for them they are lost souls in danger of going to Hell..
Just one more point no one is born gay or the buzz word is "Born This Way" that's a Myth. Science have found no evident for this time and time again.
I`m not for discrimination of any kind but Evil must be called out for what it is Evil and the homosexual movement agenda propaganda is just that they go against all the is good they show no dignity for the human person. Homosexuality is not a sin but the act is and this is what they promote.

Posts 11 - 20 of 92