Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Nicole-1018166 said: I think this statement says it all. Sin is nothing to boast of. My brother was seduced into the gay lifestyle at an early age by faculty in a prominent Catholic school. They had sex rings with the young boys. He was one of the first people to contract HIV and later died of AIDS at age 32. It's an epidemic. By enticing our children, the identity of a person is distorted and leads to confusion and destruction.

Nicole

Thank you for posting this terrible personal tragedy as I can relate because my brother was an abused child who also became a gay male. Many people that he associated with had been molested in their youth ( by a same sex peer/relative) and this is one of the dirty secrets that is never told, because everyone wants to believe that individuals were just "born that way" That being said I do not claim to know all of the answers as only God does and the important thing is to trust him with the Catholic view of sex as only between one man and one woman in the sacrament of Marriage.

Dec 19th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said:

Nicole

Thank you for posting this terrible personal tragedy as I can relate because my brother was an abused child who also became a gay male. Many people that he associated with had been molested in their youth ( by a same sex peer/relative) and this is one of the dirty secrets that is never told, because everyone wants to believe that individuals were just "born that way" That being said I do not claim to know all of the answers as only God does and the important thing is to trust him with the Catholic view of sex as only between one man and one woman in the sacrament of Marriage.

I remember someone telling me in high school that he let the art teacher have oral sex with him and he thought it was a joke because he wasn't homosexual. In the 70's homos were considered perverts; I guess if I knew better I should have told him to report it to the principal. It just seemed that being a homosexual was almost unheard of and he probably thought that he would get in trouble for making a statement like that.
I also knew a girl homosexual that I worked with for a while in college. I could see that she seemed like a reject for a woman since she was overweight and was quitting college to become a carpenter. I sometimes think about what I should have said to her to make her feel more like a woman; it seemed that she wanted to date me since she told me it was years since she dated a guy (she was probably about 20 or so and at that time I only had a couple of dates in my life and no one seriously).
Posts 91 - 92 of 92