Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 14th 2013 new
My flaw is that I've always lived too far away from the men with whom I shared a mutual interest. I am not quite sure how to fix that one!
Dec 14th 2013 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: I have one word for you: poppycock!
you cheeky thingie! :xmas tree:
Dec 14th 2013 new
xmastree collect tons of air miles xmastree
Dec 14th 2013 new
I don't know of any flaws of mine that have led to the demise of relationships. My biggest problem is getting a sustainable relationship started. My relationships usually end before I get a chance to crack the bottle of champagne across the bow of the ship. Perhaps that indicates some sort of flaw, but I prefer to think that I live in a flawed universe.
Dec 14th 2013 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: My flaw is that I've always lived too far away from the men with whom I shared a mutual interest. I am not quite sure how to fix that one!
Speak w/ David Cooperfield. I saw him, in a few seconds, travel from NYC to Hawaii.
Dec 14th 2013 new
Not true, Lina. You're beautiful, inside and out.
Dec 14th 2013 new
I did mean to say that you were a polished gem. You need to get out of the funhouse. Those mirrors are distorting. A polished gem you are. There is no virtue in being a rough diamond. All that is natural is not good as all nature is fallen. As are the mirrors in the derelict funhouse.
Dec 14th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-679620 said: What is a past flaw that was the demise of your relationship(s). For me, I am a "fixer" by nature. I learned the hard way that: somethings I cannot fix, some things are the responsibility of others to fix, and a man's pride is an important part of him, accept it and move on, he doesn't want you to fix situations.
I believe it was my flawed prayer. scratchchin
That is the lesson I learned.
When I first began thinking of dating...four years after my husband's death, I had lifted my hands and my heart to God and I had prayed and asked God if I could "serve as a helpmate to the one man out there who might need the love, talents, and strengths that HE, my Abba Father, gave me"
When a committed relationship ended, in which I had been "used" for my expertise/skills as an educator/parent, I was sharing my confusion as to what happened when it seemed like an answer to my prayer.

This dear friend of mine....when I told her EXACTLY what I had asked God...she looked at me bug-eyed and said:
"Duh! THAT was your problem, right there, Barbara. No, no no."

She continued, "Listen to me! Do you hear me? The next time you pray for a spouse, THIS is what you need to say so you don't get hurt with a jerk like that again:'God please send me a good man who will cherish and care for and about ME' laughing

(Of course her purpose was to comfort, not to rule out "helpmate"--just to make a point to me, her wounded friend.)

She made me laugh SO HARD. My mascara was streaming with tears but I shook with laughter.Friends can help you find the flaws!

Dec 14th 2013 new
I guess asking for yourself in matters of love is part of asking for your daily bread, all of those things and comforts that are needed to function with dignity, and of which you should not be ashamed to ask for oneself as they are precisely the things you would want for others.
Dec 14th 2013 new
I have a broken chooser. Always picking the wrong men. Something is the matter with me.
Still a work in progress. princess
Posts 11 - 20 of 65