Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

According to the Pasadena Star News, a pair of homosexual hair stylists will marry on the parade route while riding a wedding-cake shaped float sponsored by the AHF.

2014 Rose Bowl Parade will end with a gay marriage

by Kirsten Andersen

www.lifesitenews.com
Dec 20th 2013 new
I won't be watching this, nor am I concerned anymore, because I know God is watching over.
I will pray instead to keep steadfast in my faith, and keep a watchful eye on the things I am subjected too.

Dec 21st 2013 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: I won't be watching this, nor am I concerned anymore, because I know God is watching over.
I will pray instead to keep steadfast in my faith, and keep a watchful eye on the things I am subjected too.

Praying me too Praying
Dec 21st 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: According to the Pasadena Star News, a pair of homosexual hair stylists will marry on the parade route while riding a wedding-cake shaped float sponsored by the AHF.2014 Rose Bowl Parade will end with a gay marriage

by Kirsten Andersen

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/2014-rose-bowl-parade-will-end-with-a-gay-marriage
Doesn't the Rose Bowl have something to do with celebrating a football playoff bowl game?
Dec 21st 2013 new
Doing a Google search limiting results to prior to 2010 there is a single link to a page referencing Carrie Humphries and Ron Simms in the Rose Bowl Parade of 1989 when it wasthen touted as the "most widely witnessed wedding in American history" - Yet my guess is there are few if any that remember anything about it, except the advertisers. "The wedding promoted the cottages at the Huntington Hotel, which saw a big increase in business following the parade."

My point is it is not very well known in my opinion.

At what point does posting links to such things lead to what is often referred to as the "Streisand Effect" having the unintended consequences of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.

Farmers Insurance - the company behind last years sponsoring of marriage along the parade route has changed its float theme to instead honor teachers during the Rose Parade on January 1, 2014. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that there are many additional floats being sponsored by a lot of companies that could use the positive effects of promoting their causes - rathter than giving attention to those that do not deserve it.

While the squeaky wheel gets the oil - I think it is time to better promote the actions of the other wheels that have kept this country going despite the squeaky wheel.

Bernard - I understand awareness is important - but as such awareness of positive things can often lead to pointing people in a more positive direction - rather than dead ends.

Dec 21st 2013 new
Amen, Dave! Let's be more positive and encouraging.
Dec 21st 2013 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Doing a Google search limiting results to prior to 2010 there is a single link to a page referencing Carrie Humphries and Ron Simms in the Rose Bowl Parade of 1989 when it wasthen touted as the "most widely witnessed wedding in American history" - Yet my guess is there are few if any that remember anything about it, except the advertisers. "The wedding promoted the cottages at the Huntington Hotel, which saw a big increase in business following the parade."

My point is it is not very well known in my opinion.

At what point does posting links to such things lead to what is often referred to as the "Streisand Effect" having the unintended consequences of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet.

Farmers Insurance - the company behind last years sponsoring of marriage along the parade route has changed its float theme to instead honor teachers during the Rose Parade on January 1, 2014. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that there are many additional floats being sponsored by a lot of companies that could use the positive effects of promoting their causes - rathter than giving attention to those that do not deserve it.

While the squeaky wheel gets the oil - I think it is time to better promote the actions of the other wheels that have kept this country going despite the squeaky wheel.

Bernard - I understand awareness is important - but as such awareness of positive things can often lead to pointing people in a more positive direction - rather than dead ends.

Dave, generally I would agree with you since in many cases there is nothing we can do except pray about the situations, and we can do that without the sensationalistic hype -- which rarely encourages prayer anyway.

Not so in this case. There is still time, albeit very little, for people who are concerned about this extremely public exhibition of grossly immoral and anti-family behavior. We can make our voices heard and let the sponsors of the parade and the advertisers know that we are well beyond displeased and that we won't watch the parade and that we will be spending our money elsewhere. And most important, we can speak out loudly and in public (Facebook, etc.)

While I doubt the Rose Bowl parade sponsors will reverse course at this point, if there is enough backlash others may be very hesitant to do this again. If we don't, I can assure you memory of this event will NOT fade into history like that of the 1989 wedding you mention. Left unchallenged, the homosexual activists will push for more and more exhibitions of this type, and will be louder and bolder in the future. This isn't a case of two individuals, or even a sponsor, looking for 15 minutes of fame -- this is a group of hate-driven activists looking to destroy the fabric of society.

Dec 21st 2013 new
Well put Jerry, and I would say your argument is stronger than mine. There is time to voice our dissatisfaction, and it is important to speak out against it.
Dec 21st 2013 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: I won't be watching this, nor am I concerned anymore, because I know God is watching over.

Cindy and Susan, I sincerely respect your choice not to watch this parade. hug I noticed this part of the link Bernard posted and I thought about watching the parade on the flat screen but not the last part. irked

"Only heterosexual couples were eligible for the Farmers Insurance contest last year, since Proposition 8 had not yet been struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court. The company had initially planned to repeat the contest and do another wedding themed float in 2014, but changed its mind shortly after launching the contest, announcing it would honor teachers with its float instead."

After researching the company and finding out that a number of their agents are proudly "Gay Friendly" which is not the same thing as being tolerant , I decided not to watch to either.

Dec 21st 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Dave, generally I would agree with you since in many cases there is nothing we can do except pray about the situations, and we can do that without the sensationalistic hype -- which rarely encourages prayer anyway.

Not so in this case. There is still time, albeit very little, for people who are concerned about this extremely public exhibition of grossly immoral and anti-family behavior. We can make our voices heard and let the sponsors of the parade and the advertisers know that we are well beyond displeased and that we won't watch the parade and that we will be spending our money elsewhere. And most important, we can speak out loudly and in public (Facebook, etc.)

While I doubt the Rose Bowl parade sponsors will reverse course at this point, if there is enough backlash others may be very hesitant to do this again. If we don't, I can assure you memory of this event will NOT fade into history like that of the 1989 wedding you mention. Left unchallenged, the homosexual activists will push for more and more exhibitions of this type, and will be louder and bolder in the future. This isn't a case of two individuals, or even a sponsor, looking for 15 minutes of fame -- this is a group of hate-driven activists looking to destroy the fabric of society.

So, so true.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10