Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I am requesting this feature for women on CM to optionally not display their age. This is more similar to the real world experience of not knowing how old women are the moment you meet them, and rarely is it offered as a mere politeness. For modesty's sake, I would like women to have the option to withhold this private information from public consumption.
Thanks. :)

Submit your vote here:
catholicmatch.uservoice.com
Dec 24th 2013 new
WHAT a concept!!
Dec 24th 2013 new
Heck, I'm proud to be the age that I am. Why hide it? irked laughing
Dec 24th 2013 new
I do not mind the age display. I don't want to mislead anyone. :)
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Robert-3483 said: I am requesting this feature for women on CM to optionally not display their age. This is more similar to the real world experience of not knowing how old women are the moment you meet them, and rarely is it offered as a mere politeness. For modesty's sake, I would like women to have the option to withhold this private information from public consumption.Thanks. :)
Submit your vote here:
http://catholicmatch.uservoice.com/forums/227102-member-discussion/suggestions/5254420-feature-request-permitting-women-the-option-to-k
But if I meet a woman in the real world, I can get a pretty good idea of her age. There are men and women on dating sites who a) don't post their pictures and b) post pictures that are several years old. Take the age out of the picture, and people might hesitate to initiate any contact at all, because we have no idea who the person is that we see (or don't see) online. As it is, even with pictures and ages, we've all heard enough stories about someone meeting someone for the first time and being disappointed with the difference between his or her pictures and his or her current physical appearance.

What's the problem with the age, anyway? We've earned our years. In the Catholic singles activities I've been attended, I've never lied about my age to anyone who put the question to me, and I've never felt it was an inappropriate question to ask in this kind of an environment.

The more we know about each other before we initiate contact, the better the chances of success with correspondence.

(But why stop at women, Robert? Why wouldn't you extend the same courtesy to the men?)
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Robert-3483 said: I am requesting this feature for women on CM to optionally not display their age. This is more similar to the real world experience of not knowing how old women are the moment you meet them, and rarely is it offered as a mere politeness. For modesty's sake, I would like women to have the option to withhold this private information from public consumption.Thanks. :)
Submit your vote here:
http://catholicmatch.uservoice.com/forums/227102-member-discussion/suggestions/5254420-feature-request-permitting-women-the-option-to-k

That's an interesting idea. On one hand, I don't have a problem telling my age because I prefer to be honest and upfront. On the other hand, I do believe more men around my own age would initiate contact with me if they thought I might be younger than I am.
Dec 24th 2013 new
One the one hand I would rather be up front. In my experience men my age group think I am younger, so they either avoid me, and say I am too young for them. Or they think they are "getting" someone younger and well you know. I have had some messages from very young men here young enough to be my son! Ice Skating
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Robert-3483 said: This is more similar to the real world experience of not knowing how old women are the moment you meet them, and rarely is it offered as a mere politeness.
I agree, in a Real World experience we don't know someone age the "moment we meet them".. but would you care to expound on what maybe happens once someone does find out. scratchchin It's probably one of two things, either they continue the conversation.. or the interest abruptly falls off.

As someone that has had the Latter happen to them, it's somewhat hurtful.. but you learn people have preferences about Age, just as any other criteria. ashamed
Dec 25th 2013 new
I tend to forget how old I am, so I have to check back here to be sure.
Dec 25th 2013 new

We have Enough misleading information here as it is! ( old pic's , leaving important information out, etc....)

How about lets stick to the TRUTH!

Posts 1 - 10 of 28