Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

A word to the wise...

Dec 24th 2013 new
Wear dark colored clothes when removing the seeds from a pomegranate.

And protective eyewear.

(My t-shirt and glasses now look like they have measles...)

Dec 24th 2013 new
Lol -- we always have a lot of clean up after whacking the seeds out of them! Is that how you do it? So fast and easy!
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Wear dark colored clothes when removing the seeds from a pomegranate.

And protective eyewear.

(My t-shirt and glasses now look like they have measles...)

laughing scratchchinBut it's worth it huh? They taste pretty good!
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: Lol -- we always have a lot of clean up after whacking the seeds out of them! Is that how you do it? So fast and easy!
Whacking them?

I refrigerate it first. This makes the seeds a little more resistant to traumatic rupture.

I score around the center, then pry it apart by twisting the knife blade. For each half, I make incisions toward the center along two of the membrane lines then break out the resulting segment and pick the seeds out into a bowl.

With the segment remobed, you can break the remainder apart piece-by-piece over a bowl to capture the seeds than fall out, the pop the rest loose with your fingers.

Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Anne-976912 said: But it's worth it huh? They taste pretty good!
Indeed they are. And thank goodness for the Water-Pik! laughing
Dec 24th 2013 new
www.youtube.com
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIXFHKvAT70
Thanks, Rachel! I'll give that a try next time.

Dec 24th 2013 new
It's easy, fast -- and great for getting rid of any 'feelings' toward disobedient children, rude guests, etc, lol! A bit messy though -- wear an apron!
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: It's easy, fast -- and great for getting rid of any 'feelings' toward disobedient children, rude guests, etc, lol! A bit messy though -- wear an apron!
Results were mixed. I was able to get about 50% out before I resorted to the peel and pluck method. Even that much saved quite a bit of time, though.

The biggest problem was I didn't use a deep enough bowl, so some of the seeds bounced out and a few went flying off to parts unknown - so I will lose some of that time searching for them.

Dec 24th 2013 new
I used to take a bottle of grape juice on my cross-country trips, but I learned that not spilling it while driving is a challenge, and grape juice stains need to be addressed immediately, which can be a problem when one is between towns in Kansas or Nebraska.
Posts 1 - 10 of 118