Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 24th 2013 new
It helps to 'stretch' the edges open a little before hitting -- use the flat of a wooden spoon and really whack hard! Every last one pops out for me! I also just score the skin and twist it open -- maybe that matters? Enjoy!

Dec 24th 2013 new
okay maybe someone can tell me how to get the little seeds out of/off of blackberries?? Since we are whacking pomegranates
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: I used to take a bottle of grape juice on my cross-country trips, but I learned that not spilling it while driving is a challenge, and grape juice stains need to be addressed immediately, which can be a problem when one is between towns in Kansas or Nebraska.
If you like white grape juice, at least the stains would be less visible. Or put the juice in a travel mug or bottle with a straw/spout.

Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Wear dark colored clothes when removing the seeds from a pomegranate.

And protective eyewear.

(My t-shirt and glasses now look like they have measles...)

laughing
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Wear dark colored clothes when removing the seeds from a pomegranate.

And protective eyewear.

Never had one but I'll have to try it. I always have my glasses on when eating grapefruit though. weeping
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: okay maybe someone can tell me how to get the little seeds out of/off of blackberries?? Since we are whacking pomegranates
You don't. The only remedy is flossing afterward. laughing
Dec 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: If you like white grape juice, at least the stains would be less visible. Or put the juice in a travel mug or bottle with a straw/spout.

One possibility is to wear a purple tie! Seriously I put all drinks (non-alcoholic of course) in a travel mug in my car.
Dec 25th 2013 new

And protective eyewear.

Umm, so you never learned how to eat a pomegranate as a kid.

I wear no apron and only get my hands juicy.

But if you insist on separating each seed , collecting them and then eating them do this:

1) Cut both ends off,without cutting into the seeds.
2) Cut into quarters by running your knife around the fruit only skin deep so that you cut them into 4 more or less equal quarters.
3) Have a large bowl handy filled about half way with water.
4) separate the seeds from the fruit body under water.

Unless I am seaprating the seeds for later use on salads or as garnishes, etc., after step 2 above I just start eating the seeds. The juices only come on my hands or drip down my chin where it is easily wiped with a napkin before any damage occurs to clothes.
Dec 25th 2013 new
The same applies when removing the hull from black walnuts. I had to go to urgent care when some of the juice got in my eye. Man, did that HURT.

I also found out that wearing gloves when dehulling is more than a cosmetic matter. Not only did one fingertip turn black, but the skin eventually came off like a blister. At least I got to surprise (or horrify) those who saw me. Tee hee
Dec 25th 2013 new
When we would eat pomegranates with the kids we always ate them in the back yard.
Posts 11 - 20 of 118