Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 04 new
Ditto exactly, Cindy. I had way too much fun whacking, but if I ever write a book on what CM has taught me, it will be included!
Jan 04 new
Ditto exactly, Cindy. I had way too much fun whacking, but if I ever write a book on what CM has taught me, it will be included!
Jan 04 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Jerry, when I lived in California the neighbor had a tree and invited us to help ourselves. The kids were only permitted to eat them outdoors and while wearing a bathing suit.

ready to move back there Marge great weather and fresh pickings !!! crossfingers Sunrise .... so nice, bathing suit, bringing out by washing down with water hose or toy sprinkler smile you cann't beat that kind of life shhh smile
Jan 04 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said: Ditto exactly, Cindy. I had way too much fun whacking, but if I ever write a book on what CM has taught me, it will be included!
laughing laughing I couldn't believe what I learned. It took 61 years to learn how to whack the Indian Apples, oh so nice, so easy. What a time saver and seed saver. Love it!
For sure I learn something new every time I visit CM. faint
Jan 05 new
ok, so I bought one of those pomegranate things for a buck nineteen, and I cut it open using my favorite steak knife, while it was submerged in a pasta pot full of water. Trying to figure out what is edible in there boggled .... what I did try was to suck on the seeds, to get the red stuff off, gently biting with my front teeth... was that correct? Tasty, yes, but I think I'll stick to the fruits of the northland: apples and berries, or local grapefruit and oranges from my alternate address.
Jan 05 new

Michael, you'll be there all day if you try sucking the juice out of each little pod. LOL. Did you try the whacking method? It is fun. (You got a bargain, btw. Mine were 2/$5.)

(I agree, you can't beat the pink lady apples right now and I just paid $5 for strawberries, but I love them!)

I may be coming to Superior Jan 31st for a hockey tournament my Canadien cousins are coming down to play in. Is there anything happening in Duluth that weekend?

Jan 05 new
Gingerbread arts and crafts show is at the Miller Hill Mall that weekend wink ... also a big snowmobile tour for ALS, ski event at Spirit Mt, and state bowling championships
Jan 05 new

Ooooooh, thank you! I love arts and craft shows!

Now, back to The Crown Jewels aka pomegranates.

Posts 111 - 118 of 118