Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 25th 2013 new
oh yes Jerry, but it's so worth it! xmastree
Dec 25th 2013 new
I use a deep salad bowl and red tea towels to get ready to chow down.
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: I use a deep salad bowl and red tea towels to get ready to chow down.
We just chow down...with TONS of napkins...my Blind daughter is the neatest at everything messy, because she is NOT afraid...but, there again, she doesn't see the color...or the possibl mess...it is the same as eating an orange to her...she doesn't see measles!!! She teaches me such a different perspective on life!
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: We just chow down...with TONS of napkins...my Blind daughter is the neatest at everything messy, because she is NOT afraid...but, there again, she doesn't see the color...or the possibl mess...it is the same as eating an orange to her...she doesn't see measles!!! She teaches me such a different perspective on life!
Such a lovely perspective, indeed, Barbara! Merry Christmas!! Chelle
Dec 25th 2013 new
yummm Michael, avocados are fantastic and just because everyone needs Amazonian survival advice -- should you be stranded in the Amazon and can find an avocado tree -- you are saved -- they are like the perfect combination of nutrients including fats, proteins and fiber. I love them. I spread them on sandwiches instead of mayo or mustard, I slice them for sandwiches, add to burritos -- love guacamole --- they have a wonderful consistency and a nice subtle flavor. And, they have been shown to lower cholesterol -- may be of help in diabetes management, etc. . . pretty neat little gift from God :-)
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Ginia-1026653 said: Sorry, Jer, I can't think of a segway back to Poms.

However, I do have a question...do people actually eat the seeds???? I was never quite sure.
I wouldn't if I knew of a reasonable way to avoid doing so.

Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: The same applies when removing the hull from black walnuts. I had to go to urgent care when some of the juice got in my eye. Man, did that HURT.

I also found out that wearing gloves when dehulling is more than a cosmetic matter. Not only did one fingertip turn black, but the skin eventually came off like a blister. At least I got to surprise (or horrify) those who saw me. Tee hee
Poor Margaret! hug
I once picked a cashew off the ground that had just fallen, and being a little unknowlegable
about such things,used my teeth to take the skin off ...which caused my lips to peel over a few days embarassed
Musn't have learnt because another time I peeled a mango with my teeth,and the stem sap burnt..
AND I chewed a piece of raw cassava that made my mouth feel full of needles and dry............ embarassed rolling eyes
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: I wouldn't if I knew of a reasonable way to avoid doing so.

Thought of a way back to pomengranates :-) and eating seeds -- I have two samples from Ancient Egypt which contained pomegranate seeds and are red in color suggesting that some people do or have eaten them?
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIXFHKvAT70
It says "Cut the pomegranate in half at the equator". What if you don't live there?
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: It says "Cut the pomegranate in half at the equator". What if you don't live there?
You don't have to live there -- just put the knife there (and manage to connect the ends of the cut, something I have a bit of trouble with...)
Posts 31 - 40 of 118