Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 25th 2013 new
I'm sure a Google search of "pomegranate equator" will yield all the special tour packages for that purpose. I can just imagine a tour bus full of pilgrims merrily singing songs about cutting pomegranates as they head for the equator. Catholic Match should organize a pomegranate cutting trip, actually; I imagine people with that shared interest could make a go of it together, and perhaps many already have for all I know-- unfortunately, I never had occasion to cut a pomegranate, so I just never got involved with that.
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: It says "Cut the pomegranate in half at the equator". What if you don't live there?
I think it means we need to have a CM meet-up there! And we can all eat poms any way we want!
Dec 25th 2013 new
Perhaps it is in just such a group, Andrew, that you would meet the woman of your dreams. Better head on out to your nearest grocer and broaden your horizons.
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: I'm sure a Google search of "pomegranate equator" will yield all the special tour packages for that purpose. I can just imagine a tour bus full of pilgrims merrily singing songs about cutting pomegranates as they head for the equator. Catholic Match should organize a pomegranate cutting trip, actually; I imagine people with that shared interest could make a go of it together, and perhaps many already have for all I know-- unfortunately, I never had occasion to cut a pomegranate, so I just never got involved with that.
Great idea, Andrew! With red table cloths and bibs! And protective eyewear

Dec 25th 2013 new
In some fonts, the m and the rn look extremely similar. Can lead to all sorts of misreadings. embarassed
Dec 25th 2013 new
An audio clip that is germane to the discussion of picking walnuts is found at monitorbeacon.net about 19 minutes into the clip. The interview is with a man who picks walnuts, and he covers many of the points discussed here.
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Wear dark colored clothes when removing the seeds from a pomegranate.

And protective eyewear.

(My t-shirt and glasses now look like they have measles...)

How about a word to us simpletons once in a while!? irked
Dec 25th 2013 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: How about a word to us simpletons once in a while!?
Sure... As soon as some come wandering by...

Dec 25th 2013 new
I fill up a bowl with water and separate the seeds from the membranes, under the water.

The water also causes the whitish, lighter membranes to float. The seeds sink to the bottom. So it's easy to separate and clean.

Another thought --an apron-- is good protection in the kitchen when you start wrangling with unknown foods.

Glad to know you tried a new type of fruit.
Pomegranate seeds are edible. (Could separate out with a potato ricer and the push thru a cheese cloth--as if you were making a jelly instead of jam.)

Pom's are good in salads (the green leafy kind), cuz they add a nice sweet crunch.
Also good with blackberries, rasp's, mango ....

What were you going to use them for Jerry? Robin
Dec 25th 2013 new
As a note of interest:

Pomegranates in Jewish culture have a special significance. It is a token of love. A Jewish man would give a women one as a sign of his love. Some believe itis the "forbidden" fruit of the Bible.

Wikipedia has an interesting article all about it. I would presume that Britannica does also.

Posts 41 - 50 of 118