Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Megan-21150 said: I try - unless it's a no message emotigram. Never quite sure what to do with those.

I'm not perfect but I try to at least acknowledge a message.
These are quite possible a not "paid" member yet. They can only send emotes. They're testing the water to see if they should bother signing up.
Jan 11th 2014 new
Fair enough. I didn't answer a lot of emotes/messages for a while because I was unpaid. I'm just never quite sure how to answer the unpaid members' emotes since they can't actually read a message.
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Onome-119770 said: Hello Sharon, In one of the many languages I speak (Yoruba), there is an adage that states "Ki Olorun ko wa mo". That is "May God teach us to know right". It is my prayer for you, me and all I encounter in this life I live. :-)
Beautiful words. Thank you for sharing Onome.
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-290721 said: Yes-- guaranteed in my profile. The only time I haven't answered is when the inquiry was obviously from a scammer.
biggrin
Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Onome-119770 said: Hello Sharon, In one of the many languages I speak (Yoruba), there is an adage that states "Ki Olorun ko wa mo". That is "May God teach us to know right". It is my prayer for you, me and all I encounter in this life I live. :-)
I am impressed that you have many languages, something I had wished I had known! Beautiful words by the way!

blessings and wishing you the best here on CM,
Sharon
Jan 11th 2014 new
Understandable. I had one that would only send me different emotes. That's how I figured that she was not a paid member.
Jan 11th 2014 new
Interesting subject and thanks for explaining why one keeps sending emotiongrams. I do not
know why anyone would send a blank emotiongram, unless they pushed the wrong buttons.
About keeping profiles for others to see after your membership has expired. I had such an
experience. Met this lady on another Catholic Singles group. We were getting along fabulous.
I thought I had found the special someone.
Then one day her daughter tried the same singles site and my profile came up. Needless to say she thought I was dating her while looking for someone else. From that point on, she kept
asking me if I loved her, really loved her. It was over, there was nothing I could do to repair the damage done. Stayed away from all single sites until recently,
I also, out of politeness. will answer another person. I get on CM more often in Jan then in Dec so the answers in Dec were delayed, but I did answer. It does not upset me if they
do not answer, I just keep moving on.

Jan 12th 2014 new
I haven't received that many to reply to. I will say that I have taken the risk and sent out a few, and none of them have been answered. I am pretty convinced at this point that I must be extremely unappealing. It is quite a demoralizing experience to stick your head out (finally) only to find no one is interested...
Jan 12th 2014 new
I too find it difficult to deal with when people do not have the courtesy to answer back but even further I had someone block me after I "stuck my head out" and sent out a set of interview questions. No answer just a block. After asking another person in the forums what was up with that, I decided that his advice was good. He suggested I be thankful they are not wasting my time and pray for them. I still think the gentlemanly thing to do is politely reply. Elise I would consider it their loss and certainly not consider yourself unppealing. I guess we all have to consider this a time to search for what God is calling us to do. Although I joined to read a non-descript message from someone, curiosity got the better of me, I think that it has been informative and a growing experience to be involved with the forums and dabble a toe in the water a bit. If we look at it as an experience to deepen our faith, grow in virtue, and trust in God perhaps we are doing just what God has in mind for us right now. Elise, take heart as children of God we are Princesses and should not think of ourselves as less than that!
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Gerri-1034607 said: I too find it difficult to deal with when people do not have the courtesy to answer back but even further I had someone block me after I "stuck my head out" and sent out a set of interview questions. No answer just a block. After asking another person in the forums what was up with that, I decided that his advice was good. He suggested I be thankful they are not wasting my time and pray for them. I still think the gentlemanly thing to do is politely reply. Elise I would consider it their loss and certainly not consider yourself unppealing. I guess we all have to consider this a time to search for what God is calling us to do. Although I joined to read a non-descript message from someone, curiosity got the better of me, I think that it has been informative and a growing experience to be involved with the forums and dabble a toe in the water a bit. If we look at it as an experience to deepen our faith, grow in virtue, and trust in God perhaps we are doing just what God has in mind for us right now. Elise, take heart as children of God we are Princesses and should not think of ourselves as less than that!

Gerri, I have to admit that I have been guilty of that same move - blocking someone who sent me an emoticon. It was soon after I received a couple of not so nice responses when I politely responded that I did not think we were a good match. I figured if they weren't going to be ok when I said no, then I would just say no by blocking instead of responding no thank you in a message.

But I can see that this is wrong because it makes me no better than those who sent me the not so nice responses. It is the coward's way out, and that is probably why some guys have done that to you - they are too cowardly just to say that they aren't interested. It isn't about you - it is about them, so don't take it personally.

I have gone back to responding again - being brave, but really, I don't see a lot of men on here who match up with me, or let's be brutally honest, are interested in me. I don't foresee renewing my membership when it expires, but while it lasts, I will try to have fun.

Posts 31 - 40 of 80