Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 12th 2014 new
I return a blank emote with a blank emote. It gets odd when it goes past more than a couple. But I have taken breaks from CM from time to time and that is all I can do. When I rejoin, I'll reach out to those people and explain, but it is often too late. I get no further response.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Elise-1026506 said: I haven't received that many to reply to. I will say that I have taken the risk and sent out a few, and none of them have been answered. I am pretty convinced at this point that I must be extremely unappealing. It is quite a demoralizing experience to stick your head out (finally) only to find no one is interested...
Hello Elise,

I am so sorry truly for the experience you have received her on CM. Please never allow satan to put those negative emotions and feelings into your head! You are not unappealing by any means, you see, when God created you HE made NO mistake, and by no means don't feel because the world says beauty is suppose to look one way and not another, by NO means are you unappealing! You are created to perfections and exactly the way HE wanted you, there are NO mistakes in creation and in His Truth. So hold your head up high Elise, because truly I tell you, though I may not know you, you are a part of Christ which makes you absolutely beautiful both inside and out!

Have a Blessed day and please pray for me, I will pray for you!
Sharon theheart
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Stewart-821725 said: <start rant> I have to agree Sharon, I do my best to reply to everyone, even if it takes time. I do believe however, that many don't check there account, aren't paying members, don't know how to use the website, or just frustrated on how "this works". If CM would also get their head outa there *SS and show who is a paying member it would do much to alleviate frustrations on here. As if the excuse that leaving it empty generates more interest for non-paying members to start a subscription is nonsense. If someone is serious about dating they will pay, they don't have to wait for that hot or cute person to message them first. The end result would be less babysitting from the moderators. I would also agree there are at least some who feel they are above others and don't bother replying. *My five cents worth* since Canada no longer has cent as a currency. </end rant> and Happy & Holy New Year!
I disagree that someone serious will pay- from my own personal experience
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said: I return a blank emote with a blank emote. It gets odd when it goes past more than a couple. But I have taken breaks from CM from time to time and that is all I can do. When I rejoin, I'll reach out to those people and explain, but it is often too late. I get no further response.
clap heartbeat clap
Jan 12th 2014 new
Yes, Ma'am I agree with you, Sharon, it's only polite to be courteous & respond appropriately.
Jan 12th 2014 new
Everyone is different. In the past, I find if there's too many, I'll only respond to a few or those within what I'm looking for. It's a tough call because if you write to someone "just to be nice", you might be giving them false hope. However, if you don't write back, it's less polite I guess.

However, when someone reads my profile and knows that they are outside of parameters (eg. is 90 years old, divorced, wants to have premarital sex and lives in Antartica), I don't need to emote them because I think they should know better. But that's just me.
Jan 12th 2014 new
I normally try to be courteous and reply to most emails or emotiograms! Just feel it is nice thing to do since they took the time t o send me a note as well! You may not connect with everyone but common decency is always a nice trait!
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Gerri-1034607 said: I too find it difficult to deal with when people do not have the courtesy to answer back but even further I had someone block me after I "stuck my head out" and sent out a set of interview questions. No answer just a block. After asking another person in the forums what was up with that, I decided that his advice was good. He suggested I be thankful they are not wasting my time and pray for them. 
Gerri, I felt the same way when I received the same mesage. A blow to my self esteem BUT as you said, grateful I did not waste time on them. Prayers for all of us called to the vocation of marriage!
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Michael-1041054 said: Beautiful words. Thank you for sharing Onome.
Hmmm...thank you Michael. :-)
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: Yes, Ma'am I agree with you, Sharon, it's only polite to be courteous & respond appropriately.
aaaaw, thank you Mark, like minded minds!!!!
Posts 41 - 50 of 80