Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: I don't know if know this, but all capitols are considered yelling.
Cindy, I was paying Annie a compliment and I wanted to make sure she heard it over the waves crashing into her faraway island retreat. I think you and I need to fly down there and tell her about Zoom's Tavern! Are you ready?
Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Annie-1040839 said: I appreciate what sounds like a compliment but I am not sure what you mean when you say to share my knowledge. If filling out a profile and participating in the forums isn't sharing my knowledge then I don't know what else I am expected to do on this site.
Annie, my post was a compliment because I treasure a lady who has has sterling morals and shining principles and beams them forth into the darkness. In our private correspondence you have helped me become a better Catholic...Thank YOU!!
Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: I must have grown up on a different planet ....I have always treated people the way I'd wanted to be treated. Ladies and/or gentlemen, tell me something? If a man or a woman sends you an email or a emotigram, do you generally just ignore it because you may not have a physical attraction? Or maybe he or she didn't answer the personality test quite the way you wanted? May he or she didn't answer YES to all 7 questions, time? etc?

I don't know about you, but no matter what email, wink or hello comes my way, I always reciprocate with a response, even though it may not be a response the other party may be hoping for . However, I feel it's always a respectful thing to do when a person is making an attempt in his or her own way that they are interested.

I just think it's a kind and respectful gesture that one owes another because the person decided to be on an on line website. It just makes clear blue sense to be respectful to the other party no matter wether you are interested in him or her or not? Just asking if others out their feel the same way?

Happy New Year,
Sharon
I don't exactly know which planet it is, but HELLO fellow planetarian...this is the third forum I have come across discussing members who do not (feel) the need to reply. Hopefully we can look forward to some behavioral changes with the adjustments CM is planning to make or making crossfingers
Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-1040810 said: Cindy, I was paying Annie a compliment and I wanted to make sure she heard it over the waves crashing into her faraway island retreat. I think you and I need to fly down there and tell her about Zoom's Tavern! Are you ready?

Andrew - Shouting isn't necessary on the Internet no matter where you live. And reading through my past private correspondence with you, all I pointed out was that an annulment was necessary in your case. If this offends you, then your problem is with the Church, not me. I found your private messages to me sarcastic, so I blocked them. You continue to be sarcastic on forums, so I won't be responding to any more of your forum posts.

I have no idea what Zoom's Tavern is but there isn't one near me, and I don't frequent bars anyway. Perhaps your brand of humor just isn't something I understand. Best wishes in your search.

Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Annie-1040839 said:

Andrew - Shouting isn't necessary on the Internet no matter where you live. And reading through my past private correspondence with you, all I pointed out was that an annulment was necessary in your case. If this offends you, then your problem is with the Church, not me. I found your private messages to me sarcastic, so I blocked them. You continue to be sarcastic on forums, so I won't be responding to any more of your forum posts.

I have no idea what Zoom's Tavern is but there isn't one near me, and I don't frequent bars anyway. Perhaps your brand of humor just isn't something I understand. Best wishes in your search.

Annie, p-l-e-a-s-e, open your windows and let some sunshine in! Zoom's Tavern is a fun place in the Entertainment Forum right here on CatholoicMatch.Com. Come join us and let's have some fun together kicking the can down the road. I'd love to hear some of those Australian colloquialisms and maybe a couple or two you remembered from your childhood.
Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Katherine-576946 said: Sharon,
I really like your comment about what to say to those you aren't attracted to. I will definitely use that!

Best,
Kat
well thanks katherine,

hope it goes well for you! Lots of luck here on CM

blessings,
sharon
Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Trudy-1031544 said: I don't exactly know which planet it is, but HELLO fellow planetarian...this is the third forum I have come across discussing members who do not (feel) the need to reply. Hopefully we can look forward to some behavioral changes with the adjustments CM is planning to make or making
hello to you,

I know, it seems apparent that alot of women have voiced their opinions on the subject, I've heard a few men too, but the majority seems to be coming from women, I could be wrong? I have some great ideas, was thinking maybe I should start a Catholic site as I have some great ideas that could open up different avenues to embark in better communication along with other great ideas. In the meantime, keep our fingers crossed for positive moves toward CM making those changes.

blessings,
sharon
Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said: in most cases, the man is the one who initially sends out the first contact, so then it is up to the woman to respond. honestly, if someone is not interested, i just assume that they do nothing as any reply may just be a waster of time. however, if i have exchanged several email with someone from this site, and then something changes where they are not longer interested in courtship, i would like to receive an email with some kind of an explanation. I actually wrote a forum about this. This happened to me twice in recent months and as much as I would like to just forget about it, it still irritates me quite a bit.
Hello Patrick,

In response to you saying that in most cases, the man is the one who initially sends out the first contact.....hmmmm? not true, when I was young and at my first dance in junior high, I'd sit with my friends waiting for the boy to ask me to dance. In looking back, I shouldn't have done that, they were also shy, so why not approach the boy back then and ask him to dance? Much like here, if I see someone that profile intrigues me, I don't wait on the side lines, I send out a little hello or emote. So I think if you were to ask most women here on CM, they'd also tell you they do the same............

blessings,
sharon
Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-1040810 said: Sharon, I answer all messages and emotigrams---and encourage everyone to do the same--because one never knows when a new friendship can develop or where beneficial information can come from. A polite response to someone might be all they needed to keep their candle of hope burning. You become a better Catholic by simply being a better Catholic and that means loving your neighbor as you love yourself. That alone must be very pleasing to our Lord and he never forgets a generous giver in their hour of need.
smile wink biggrin thumbsup clap
Feb 18th 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: Hello Stewart,

That makes sense, to show who is a paying customer and who isn't. For what it's worth, I don't believe your html coding was allowed in your forum, just not sure if you see it on your end. Well it's nice to know that you at least try to reciprocate the respect to do any person that attempts to email you, shows your a man/person of character.

Blessings for a new year,
Sharon
Sharon it is much easier to tell a paying member from a non paying member goes with the favorites list showing up now and whether or not that person is available to chat or not helps identify whether or not they are a paying member or not. Since you have to be a paying member to use the chat feature of the site and if you never see them available to chat then there is a very strong chance that they are not a paying member. As far as somebody not being interested in anybody is lack of physical attraction to that person. If that lady that I found attractive does not think the same of me in that sense then she is not good enough for me and does not deserve me. To me we all know the number one reason for not getting any answer back is lack of physical attraction and when you do not get an answer back it is like somebody flipping you off with the middle finger and saying drop dead. Also I find it rather phoney for somebody to reject you in a message and not say why they are not interested and then wish you luck on your search. I find it hard to believe that somebody can wish you the best on here after rejecting them, because you were not physically attracted to them whether or not they want to say it or not. Mark
Posts 71 - 80 of 80