Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: If you are attending Mass which is not celebrated with the Priest facing away from the people with most of the prayers said privately by the Priest and what relatively few response come from someone other than the priest, and everything but the reading of the Gospel at a high mass is all in latin, then you are attending the Novus Ordo or the the Ordinary from of the Mass.

The Mass referred to as the TLM is the pre-Vatican II Tridentine Mass, now known as the Extraordinary from of the Mass.

THat is, unless you normally attend Mass at one of the Eastern Catholic Rites.
Thanks! I was recently directed towards a very helpful link on the topic so I am clearer on that now.
It seems that I will be going to the proper TLM but if I turn up there and it's not I'll let you know afterwards so you can laught at me wink
Jan 13th 2014 new

Priesterbruderschaft St. Petrus

petrusbruderschaft.eu
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Priesterbruderschaft St. Petrushttp://petrusbruderschaft.eu/
Thanks! You have all been really helpful regarding my inquiries that were going a bit off-topic embarassed
The FSSP are not really in my neck of the woods (using the German sense of "long" distance wink ) but they offer Ignatian Exercises as well clapso it might be worth to travel there during one of my holidays.
They also have several branches in Bavaria which makes me wonder why the author of the article we were talking about didn't find his way to them scratchchin
Posts 21 - 23 of 23