Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Don't we all have fantasies about what we'd like to hear from a member of the opposite sex in an introductory message? What first line do you wish someone would send to you?

Here's mine.....I've read all your posts in the fora and I love your mind!

You must be a genuine person, because everytime I notice you in the for a, I have to smile.

Jan 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: That's why I am calling it my fantasy, Susan.
Not necessarily a null set, Carol !

Just me, I float inside the fences of your fantasy statement, but would add an active clause indicating interest in discussing the path to the current mind, and a peek at potential growth....
Jan 3rd 2014 new
Been reading your forum posts (and your profile). I can see you're an independent woman with strong convictions who isn't afraid to speak her mind. I find that very attractive...
Jan 3rd 2014 new
How about "you have bewitched me body and soul" quoting the Kiera Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice :-) its a pretty good line :-)
Jan 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: in an initial contact?......where they being deported at the time?
what CAROL said!

FANTASY!!!!! sigh.... Blinded by love lovestruck! faint heartbeat clap
Jan 3rd 2014 new
Marge---you are okay and you are back....YAY!!! biggrin wave
Jan 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: what CAROL said!

FANTASY!!!!! sigh....
laughing What would you have done? Say Yes!? Without even a Hello?

lil mikie
Jan 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: What would you have done? Say Yes!? Without even a Hello?

Well, it means he already did a View, that he already READ my profile...really, really, really saw my situation. really prayed...and really studied HIS heart... knight-errant BEFORE he made contact....

If a man who is my PEER is interested in a woman of MY age....they would approach this "match" business a bit seriously....OR they would be clicking on our lovely younger ones!!! So, if I do get a contact...generally the man is more serious minded...in my experience....

So, since I am not a cougar...and I want to stay in my generation...I WOULD appreciate a serious minded, prayerful attitude on his part....and so with those parameters....Boy, would that be a great place to start!...with all of that work done:-)

Then we can phone, chat, email, pray, attend Mass, have a fun dinner,pursue pleasant banter and have a delightful time deciding whether ours is a DELIGHTFUL God-given relationship!!! cloudnine .....sigh.....and book that church!!!-
right Marge????????????? laughing laughing laughing
Jan 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: Well, it means he already did a View, that he already READ my profile...really, really, really saw my situation. really prayed...and really studied HIS heart... BEFORE he made contact....

If a man who is my PEER is interested in a woman of MY age....they would approach this "match" business a bit seriously....OR they would be clicking on our lovely younger ones!!! So, if I do get a contact...generally the man is more serious minded...in my experience....

So, since I am not a cougar...and I want to stay in my generation...I WOULD appreciate a serious minded, prayerful attitude on his part....and so with those parameters....Boy, would that be a great place to start!...with all of that work done:-)

Then we can phone, chat, email, pray, attend Mass, have a fun dinner,pursue pleasant banter and have a delightful time deciding whether ours is a DELIGHTFUL God-given relationship!!! .....sigh.....and book that church!!!-
right Marge?????????????
laughing You are just too much. Funny....but smart. I didn't look at it that way, it actually scared me! It was not win a cougar situation, he was in my age range.
But, I send you my best regards and wishes that this will happen to you! I must admit it would be very exciting and would you not call that Love at first sight! Yes!!! lady's handkerchief heartbeat I LUV U Hope it happens!!!! If it does please let us know........maybe I turned down a good thing......
Jan 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: You are just too much. Funny....but smart. I didn't look at it that way, it actually scared me! It was not win a cougar situation, he was in my age range.
But, I send you my best regards and wishes that this will happen to you! I must admit it would be very exciting and would you not call that Love at first sight! Yes!!! Hope it happens!!!! If it does please let us know........maybe I turned down a good thing......
Cindy...it might have been his way of just trying to "break the ice'...through shock and AWE!

(I do agree that it is scary to a woman online...but IF he was at a dance, say, and just used that bravado line...to make you laugh????? just to get your attention???? just to make you stand up and notice???? In our realtime social experiences...this might work...can you not picture that... faint Imagine this: Patrick Swayze walking by...and with half a smile, locking your eyes in his... says...."Marry me!!!!! (AND there is also that song "Marry Me" by Train!)

But, Cindy, if he was truly above board ---he would have been back in a MUCH lower key! Harp

I had a similar thing happen but the gentleman, God bless him, was well up in his 80's..and I am parenting yet! wide eyed
So...God will lead us, Cindy, dear sister in Christ! IF I get this FANTASY post----YOU will be first to know! Promise!
Posts 21 - 30 of 200