Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 4th 2014 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: It depends who says it! I've had some messages that otherwise would have been really lovely (and not creepy) had they not come from men ten or more years my senior. And sometimes it's less about the content of the message and more about the delivery.
Very good point, Margaret. While it is true that we would all prefer messages from someone we would regard as match, doesn't the sender deserve credit for a great message - especially if he were able to see into the inner you? For the purely fun purposes of this topic, it is your fantasy about the first line of a message - not the fantasy gentleman. wink
Jan 4th 2014 new
I can see by your profile that you have been very blessed. How would you like to be blessed together?
Jan 4th 2014 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: It depends who says it! I've had some messages that otherwise would have been really lovely (and not creepy) had they not come from men ten or more years my senior. And sometimes it's less about the content of the message and more about the delivery.
I am WITH you on this, Margaret....we have that same 10 year span..and Ten years WAS the parameter of a generation...but I read it is no longer true for present---our progeny face enough technology and cultural upheavals and progress...that the true "generation span" is fast becoming 5 years...
Jan 4th 2014 new
Another great first line would be, "I see from your forum posts, you realize multiple kinds of beings have have relationships, consciousness, and acknowledge they have central nervous systems, and those beings (animals) manifest God's glory as His Creations. That is quite insightful for a man, and I wish more of your male colleagues shared your views." That would be a stunning but welcomed first liner!

Gerald
Jan 4th 2014 new
Quite insightful post, Barb.

Jan 4th 2014 new
I'm not one for corny/dramatic pick up lines, so I have no fantasy first line. I merely ask if one would like to correspond or offer a nice greeting, and take it from there.
Jan 4th 2014 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Not that I would agree with it, but why not? Or should this thread go into the ladies only thread?

Men admit to fantasies, too, John. (Well, maybe not Michael (see first page of this thread); he only was willing to share an embarrassed emoticon.

Why not give the ladies some insight into the type of opening line a man would love receiving in a message?

And don't men want to hear the ladies' thoughts on this to help inform their reaching out and and getting responses? Jim can get away with using humor, but I don't think invoking sports is generally the most effective line with the ladies (especially if one uses baseball metaphors.) smile

Jan 4th 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-1026653 said: Music always magnifies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlSbSKNk9f0

Funny story.....this fantasy dates back to high school. I worked in the public library and the local radio DJ, who was probably 10 years older than me, would come in the library every day to read the paper and I thought he was pretty cool, so on Saturday nights while I was babysitting and he was on the radio I would call up and anonymously request this song.....more than once! Good thing they didn't have caller ID back then!

One of the great classic love songs, Ginny. Too bad topics can't be set up with background sound. No comedic pressure, but where is your current fantasy line?

Jan 4th 2014 new
(quote) Jeanne-1031332 said: After more consideration on this weighty topic and with many thanks to Christopher Marlowe:

'Come live with me and be my love,
And we will all the pleasures prove'

Oh, Jeannie, this indeed is a weighty topic. This is primarily a dating site and I presume people want to be successful.

Whether you are a man or a woman, and if you are taking a chance, you don't want to risk sounding like everybody else and sending something generic. You want the intended party too sit up and take notice!

Jan 4th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: For the purely fun purposes of this topic, it is your fantasy about the first line of a message - not the fantasy gentleman.
I'm not really into fantasies. God has proven to me time and time again that what is best for me is NOT what I may have fantasized or wished for. For all of the truly exceptional men God has put in front of me, I am able to list many areas where those gents did not fit into any ideal I may have had in mind. I can't thank God enough for that!
Posts 61 - 70 of 200