Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 6th 2014 new
Oh, and George - that's a nine+ hour drive, so we better plan well ahead for this!
Jan 6th 2014 new
wave biggrin lovestruck! Hello Rachel, sounds like a wonderful plan you have!
Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: how many profiles I looked at, and everybody likes and eats Italian food! So, does that mean that every Catholic eats Italian food?
Say yes to Italian food!
But there's Italian food, and there's Italian-American food.

I think when most of us say we like Italian food, we really mean Italian-American food.

I have had pizza in Rome, for example, but that couldn't hold a candle to the pizza in New York City.

Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: Hi, George! I have a better idea! Next time you feel like some Olive Garden, you can call me and take me out for a delicious and enjoyable meal and maybe a movie, dancing or a moonlit walk, hmm?
FLIRT ALERT!!!!!! heart
Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) William-607613 said: But there's Italian food, and there's Italian-American food.

I think when most of us say we like Italian food, we really mean Italian-American food.

I have had pizza in Rome, for example, but that couldn't hold a candle to the pizza in New York City.

shhh crossfingers smile
Jan 12th 2014 new
wave I am still finding many more Italian food lovers, it's amazing!
Dinner for the last three days has been spaghetti, it's so good. wink
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: I am still finding many more Italian food lovers, it's amazing!
Dinner for the last three days has been spaghetti, it's so good.
Hint for better spaghetti: cook the pasta 1/2-3/4 in water, drain, then add to the sauce to fish cooking. It will absorb some of the suce.

Caveat: I have never done this with regular spaghetti, although I believe the person I learned this from has. I always use the shaped pasta, especially radiatore and campanelle. The latter is especially good with chili, as it is shaped like a horn and can catch the meat, beans, and sauce.

Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Hint for better spaghetti: cook the pasta 1/2-3/4 in water, drain, then add to the sauce to fish cooking. It will absorb some of the suce.

Caveat: I have never done this with regular spaghetti, although I believe the person I learned this from has. I always use the shaped pasta, especially radiatore and campanelle. The latter is especially good with chili, as it is shaped like a horn and can catch the meat, beans, and sauce.

Gee, I never heard of fish cooking? How is this done?
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Hint for better spaghetti: cook the pasta 1/2-3/4 in water, drain, then add to the sauce to fish cooking. It will absorb some of the suce.

Jerry, I am glad to see that I am not the only one who sometimes messes up the job of proofreading what I wrote. The results are sometimes hilarious, as per your example this time.

So you add your partially cooked pasta to the sauce to fish cooking. Does the fish stir the pot with its tail and what is the suce that the pasta absorbs?

laughing laughing laughing faint faint faint
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: Gee, I never heard of fish cooking? How is this done?
I'll have to let you know -- when I figure it out! laughing laughing laughing

Now, if this had been about rice, the fish cooking would have been in the steamer basket above the rice cooker.
Posts 11 - 20 of 97