Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 13th 2014 new
Gnocchi with marinara, yum yum yum....paired with a nice Valipocella. Yum....
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: FLIRT ALERT!!!!!!
crossfingers knight-errant Battling eyelashes Battling eyelashes

Wonderful "sighting" Edward...that's the way to get this dating site...cooking...OR should that be going to Olive Garden...well...Garden...olives...works for me...sounds good and Catholic to me!!

Congrats for spotting "THE MOVES!" here1

clap heartbeat hyper thumbsup referee valentine
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Megan-21150 said: Gnocchi with marinara, yum yum yum....paired with a nice Valipocella. Yum....
Gnocchism?!!! Isn't that a heresy???!!!!! wide eyed

Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Gnocchism?!!! Isn't that a heresy???!!!!!

I do believe, sir, that you are dangerously "lightening up"...in this here Forum! shhh scratchchin
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said:

My friend from Peru made an awesome manicotti with seafood and cheese and used a white sauce --- a delightful twist :-).

Hey Lauren,
I love manicotti and I prepare it with shrimp and white sauce too... wave hug
Jan 13th 2014 new
I am qualified to cook Italian food. I studied under two of the greats-- my parents.
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: Oh, I have done that a few in the past, but then the sauce would dry up and I always needed more sauce. So, I keep it separate. I have ate cold too....lazy. But the microwave heats it up fairly fast. I always make enough for a couple days. It's very hard to make just a little.
Sausage is also good to add.
psssssssst....Cindy, now you could ask one chef to teach you how to do this....and...you two can have fun with home cooking shocked ....a date like thing thumbsup ... scratchchin what do you think???

oops sorry...I got carried away.. muted with a "flirt alert' in another topic room...SORRY! (in good fun, okay?) embarassed

there is a Valentine's mood heartbeat sweeping into the forums' topics...did you see it hinting at the edges hyper ...but don't keep it to yourself... referee party note :highfive: :valentine:

Thanks for taking this in the spirit intended1 Barbara :stir: :candyheart:
Jan 13th 2014 new
okay all flirts get ready......... lovestruck! the first match reveal lovestruck! is in two hours and a lovely canneloni
may be just the thing
Jan 14th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Your kidding, right? Ragu??????

My Italian mother would turn over in her grave if she thought anyone would mention using Ragu (or Prago or any other prepared sauce in a can or jar) as a substitute for properly made sauce from scratch. In fact she would be sick just hearing that someone used those products for any reason.

Interestingly enough, I am no great fan of pasta and sauces, just had far too much of that growing up. As a kid, it was my job to start the sauce when I got home from school. First had to brown the meat, always a couple of pork chops, a couple of good Italian sausages and a couple of lamb chops or ribs. Mom always used pure lard, not the rendered stuff, but chunks cut off from the pig by the butcher yo brown the meat. There were always a couple of garlic cloves added to the meat as it browned. Then I had to add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and water, leaving that on low heat until Mom got home.

Despite all that practice, when I make sauce today, I have to extra careful not to burn the sauce as it simmers.
LOL I know Paul, I hang my head in shame :-(
Jan 14th 2014 new
(quote) George-80266 said: Hello Rachel, sounds like a wonderful plan you have!
flirty woo hoo! lovestruck! heartbeat I LUV U
Posts 31 - 40 of 97