Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Blind Dates

Jan 5th 2014 new
My latest complaint is new members that don't provide photos. They also leave most other stuff blank too. They do tell you that they have a graduate degree. Well I give them an "incomplete".

Tom
Jan 5th 2014 new
Good one, Tom! I'm guessing they are new to sites like these.....so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt......for a while anyway!

Allen
Jan 5th 2014 new
Allen,

No doubts here. I could excuse a few, but nine?

We we need a special membership for blind date Catholics. They would be blocked from seeing any photos unless they reciprocate.

My solution is to start a local widow, widower group. Wish me luck.

Tom

PS: Who is our patron Saint? Saint Anthony? I feel lost.
Jan 5th 2014 new
Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the forums! wave

St. Thomas More : widowers hug

St. Bridget and St. Elizabeth : widows hug
Jan 5th 2014 new
No photo, no communication! Put some effort into your profile otherwise, why bother??? I received a note from man asking me to email him at outside account- NO WAY!! I think if profile sounds interesitng, you can always ask them to upload a photo. And you can limit searches by those that have photos.
Jan 5th 2014 new
The main topic was Blind Dates but some how the subject changed to Pictures..
I have not paid attention to whether they have a picture on not. Tend to look at the
profile and from that information, decide whether to send a message or a smile or just
go on.
I guess the reason, is that I had problems putting a picture on my profile. Finally
manage to get a picture on, but could not get it to become my profile picture. One has
to go into my profile to see the picture.

Jan 5th 2014 new
Thanks Jane,

I'll try praying to him. We widowers need help.

Thomas

Jan 5th 2014 new
Richard,

Catholic Match should provide technical support to members.

Thomas

Jan 5th 2014 new
Mary Beth,

i finally spotted some widows nearby. Perhaps they need technical help with uploading photos.

The younger ones know how, but they are in a different place than I. I am pre WW 2. We think differently.

Old Tom

Jan 5th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-999453 said: The main topic was Blind Dates but some how the subject changed to Pictures..
I have not paid attention to whether they have a picture on not. Tend to look at the
profile and from that information, decide whether to send a message or a smile or just
go on.
I guess the reason, is that I had problems putting a picture on my profile. Finally
manage to get a picture on, but could not get it to become my profile picture. One has
to go into my profile to see the picture.

Richard, if you submit a Help ticket, the CM Customer Support staff can assist you with determining why you have not been abe to seta profile photo.

Posts 1 - 10 of 25