Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) Gabor-19025 said: Jerry- I don't have inside info but it looks very ugly to me from the outside . My only direct experience with the FFI is via online sermons and articles etc which impress me greatly. When I read about the closing of seminaries, Masses being cancelled, senior FFI clergy being "removed" it looks like a hatchet job to me. Is it a Press beat up and the guys in Rome are actually sending roses to the FFI principals ? I don't know but it looks sad. I don't get why forcing the Novus Ordo Mass onto the priests is so vital to the Romans? Also, during a vocations crisis, why would you shut down a thriving Order? It looks similar to my archdiocese where it is preferable to have an empty church rather than bring in an able and willing priest from abroad (and I do have inside information about that).
I agree it looks very ugly. However, most of what we are seeing is a kerfuffle caused by those outside the organization who, as far as I have seen, focused on one specific issue.

Several sources not involved in spreading rumors and stirring up dissent have indicated they have heard there were some very serious internal problems within the FFI which led to the intervention from Rome. The only details I have seen pertain to the restrictions on celebrating the traditional liturgy; those who know more of the details apparently aren't speaking publicly -- and rightly so.

The ast majority of those outside the FFI need to know only that there is a serious issue that needs our prays and sacrifices. We don't need to know details in order to pray that the Lord's will be done. We don't need to take sides or to pray for a specific outcome. The nonsense floating around the Internet, as pious as ti may seem, is the work of Satan, not God. The ironic thing is that the so-called traditionalists are exhbiting the very modernistic tendencies the profess to be fighting against.

Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: Please, what is FFI?
Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate.

Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) Gabor-19025 said: P.S- someone inside the FFI would presumably have a biased view. There have been quotes and letters from FFI insiders posted and they (the FFI insiders) are not happy with what is occurring based on those posts.

How many members does the FFI have? How many have written the letetrs and comments you refer to? A very small minority, as best i can tell.

While those inside are likely to have their own biases, it is possible for them to set those aside (for the most part) as provide at least a fairly balance perspective of what led up to the current situation. I'm not saying they SHOULD do so, only that the COULD do so.

Jan 6th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: How many members does the FFI have? How many have written the letetrs and comments you refer to? A very small minority, as best i can tell.

While those inside are likely to have their own biases, it is possible for them to set those aside (for the most part) as provide at least a fairly balance perspective of what led up to the current situation. I'm not saying they SHOULD do so, only that the COULD do so.

I should have said there are some who could do so. There are relatively few who are going to have accurate factual knowledge of the larger picture to be able to provide a reasonably accurate perspective. Of course, not all of those will be willing to even try to be objective...

Posts 11 - 14 of 14