Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: This is probably one of the best threads started in a long time. Let's keep it going! Take a chance on love because there are no certainties in life.....EVER!!
I like your attitude, Joan! Risk it all on LOVE! Blinded by love
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: Thanks for your thoughtful comments, Rosanna. I wholeheartedly agree with your observations.

I wanted to respond in particular to the above comment. I've suggested the idea to CM that they add a placing subscription on hold option. Please vote for it! Here it is:
http://catholicmatch.uservoice.com/forums/227102-member-discussion/suggestions/5316760-placing-subsc...
Let's try this again:
catholicmatch.uservoice.com.

catholicmatch.uservoice.com.

If it doesn't work, go to the feedback section and search for "on hold"
Jan 20th 2014 new
Thanks Kristen. It doesn't seem to work and I don't know how to get to the feedback section. Can you please talk me through it. Still a bit of a newbie in experience here (despite the fact that i have had a profile for over a year).
I do vote hold option available; it would be helpful for many reasons for different people.
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Rosanna-921185 said: Thanks Kristen. It doesn't seem to work and I don't know how to get to the feedback section. Can you please talk me through it. Still a bit of a newbie in experience here (despite the fact that i have had a profile for over a year).
I do vote hold option available; it would be helpful for many reasons for different people.
Hi Rosanna,

Hit the link I gave you and then when you get to the "page not found" message, click on "Customer Feedback for CatholicMatch". That will take you to the Feedback site with a search function. Type "on hold" into the search, and it will give you two matches. Click on the "Placing subscriptions on hold" option and that's where you can vote!

Jan 20th 2014 new
Kristen,

Excellent points! One touch of God's favor and it will all turnaround. Lack of commitment from a man just shows he isn't ready for an Ephesians 5 marriage. God knows what to do in everyone's life to cause us to get to the next spiritual level.

Jeannie
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: Hi Rosanna,

Hit the link I gave you and then when you get to the "page not found" message, click on "Customer Feedback for CatholicMatch". That will take you to the Feedback site with a search function. Type "on hold" into the search, and it will give you two matches. Click on the "Placing subscriptions on hold" option and that's where you can vote!

Hi Kristen,

thanks and done. wink
Jan 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Jeannie-822585 said: Kristen,

Excellent points! One touch of God's favor and it will all turnaround. Lack of commitment from a man just shows he isn't ready for an Ephesians 5 marriage. God knows what to do in everyone's life to cause us to get to the next spiritual level.

Jeannie
Thank you for the reminder, Jeannie! God bless! Kristen
Jan 28th 2014 new
(quote) Jeannie-822585 said: Kristen,

Jeannie
Kristen, but "commitment" is such a subjective thing, isn't it? One person's commitment means no secret friendships, dalliances, perversions, etc., and yet another person's "commitment" means that you are have the 'great honor' of being their main role as in a 'relationship', but don't get into their private friendships of the opposite sex, who they are spending time with secretively, sleeping with, etc. There are some people that say they want a commitment, but really just want one person to be committed to them, but when it comes down to it, they simply can never remain committed to one person for more than a few months. But they will never admit it, because no one will ever give them a chance if they come out and admit it. Sociopaths? Yes, very likely, but fortunately, there are good men. Just be very careful of the silver tongued devils. They will focus on trying to sell you how wonderful they are, but notice how much effort they make in selling themselves to you. A lot of us women, I think, are very trusting. So, if a man goes on and on about no one giving him a chance, is he telling the truth? Or, is he simply trying to distract from the fact that he goes through tons of women at a time?

There are lots of good men out there, but they won't/don't sweet talk. I think we just need to be more patient to getting to know someone and not put all our eggs in one basket by wishing and hoping but by being pragmatic and patient. And keep to your Catholic principles, because a true gentleman will wait ... not just for you... but wait all together, if you catch my drift.

Feb 1st 2014 new
(quote) Kristen-878108 said: That is probably the sad truth, Bernie. Honestly, when I began this process a little over a year ago, I naively looked forward to it! I saw all these wonderful men on here, and I thought this would be great fun! Then I realized that all these nice men on here were not going to communicate with me! And the few that did were definitely not ready for any sort of committed relationship. What's the deal? I've been "viewed to death." It's a bit of a blow to the self esteem. I've changed my pictures time and again, rewrote my profile several times, tried a number of methods - viewing, sending emotes, participating in the forums, NOTHING WORKS. Apparently CM is an online catalog. I would imagine the newer models (younger) that require less shipping and handling (i.e. live in one's backyard) probably get more interest. But I definitely think you've hit the nail on the head. Getting married requires self-sacrifice and commitment. If a man can't even commit to sending a message, well, that's a problem.
Hi Kristen, interesting discussion you have kick started here. Sometimes I think God has put an invisible shield around me, forbidding any interested men from making contact. Just my theory. Smile. We can but try....

If God allows it, it will be. If not, acceptance, deep breath, roll up the sleeves and put the hand on the plough and keep working for the Kingdom. I desire sainthood too...keep the faith.
Posts 91 - 99 of 99