Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jan 12th 2014 new
I dont have a problem with legalizing marijuana. I'm pretty sure the "gateway to harder drugs" was just 1980's propaganda- not a proven fact. Alcohol is a much more harmful recreational drug, in my opinion. I bet in a few more years it will be legal nationwide as well.
Jan 12th 2014 new
no stats at my fingertips, either........ but I would guess that
stronger stuff is so easy to find now that it is tried early on.................

one of my employers is a women's recovery residential facility
and only the abstinence is medicinal
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Rosanna-1008574 said: I don't know what Marijuana does to unborn babies but alcohol has caused alot of problems in my neck of the woods. I've witnessed first hand how alcohol affects both adults and unborn children: learning problems, behavior issues, parents who don't wake up in the morning, depression, family violence, etc....

First post!

Welcome to the fora, Rosanna.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) William-675153 said: I dont have a problem with legalizing marijuana. I'm pretty sure the "gateway to harder drugs" was just 1980's propaganda- not a proven fact. Alcohol is a much more harmful recreational drug, in my opinion. I bet in a few more years it will be legal nationwide as well.
I do agree that alcohol is more harmful, but that cat is already out of the bag. The problem with marijuana is that it makes people stupid. I don't think that's even debatable.

But there has to be a balance between keeping people from making themselves stupid and spending billions of dollars on a drug war that the country has been losing for quite some time.
Jan 12th 2014 new
I am surprised and disappointed to read this article about the use of marijuana on .CatholicMatch.com. After 50 years of personal observation and consideration of many medical research reports, it is my opinion that the recreational use of marijuana is neither beneficial, healthy nor safe. It is possible that there may be several medical uses for several different chemicals in marijuana. Those medical uses should be determined by medical doctors using medical research and appropriate clinical trials...not public opinion, newspaper journalists or even state legislatures,
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-1040810 said: I am surprised and disappointed to read this article about the use of marijuana on .CatholicMatch.com. After 50 years of personal observation and consideration of many medical research reports, it is my opinion that the recreational use of marijuana is neither beneficial, healthy nor safe. It is possible that there may be several medical uses for several different chemicals in marijuana. Those medical uses should be determined by medical doctors using medical research and appropriate clinical trials...not public opinion, newspaper journalists or even state legislatures,

I am surprised that you are surprised, Andrew. And I will have to say "Welcome"

to you since this seems to be your first attempt at posting on the forums. What

would you have expected or not expected on a Catholic website? I would be

interested to know?

Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I am surprised that you are surprised, Andrew. And I will have to say "Welcome"

to you since this seems to be your first attempt at posting on the forums. What

would you have expected or not expected on a Catholic website? I would be

interested to know?

Perhaps, Andrew was expecting Catholics, concerned with morality, to take the higher moral ground rather than 'cave' with the junkie secularists?
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: Perhaps, Andrew was expecting Catholics, concerned with morality, to take the higher moral ground rather than 'cave' with the junkie secularists?
Yes, but what concerns junkie secularists will inevitably concern Catholics. We reside on the same terra firma. (Last time I checked.) And, the idea of being our brother's keeper surfaces.
Jan 13th 2014 new
(quote) Sara-979131 said: Yes, but what concerns junkie secularists will inevitably concern Catholics. We reside on the same terra firma. (Last time I checked.) And, the idea of being our brother's keeper surfaces.
So, Sara, you're in favour of us lowering our standards & moral decline?
Jan 13th 2014 new
it is very common for cancer patients here, in severe pain
Posts 41 - 50 of 136