Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 10 new
can i call a pet peeve work ... seeing those grumpy faces that makes anyone's day smile
Jan 10 new
I never could understand the ones who write things like, you must like books and reading, you must like fishing and hiking, and the adventures of outdoors, well it goes on and on to different preferences, so if one does not do any of these things then you do not qualify.
I mean really aren't these called hobbies? I could easily join a club for reading, fishing, hiking, etc. What does this have to do with love?
I am confused. I cannot imagine going to a restaurant and he is with his book and I with mine, so we eat and read. Smile.

A pet peeve.
Jan 10 new
Do you have something orthodox and in writing to confirm that this is not just an irascible misuse of free will?
Jan 10 new

Yes, I do have a pet peeve or two.

1. When no photo is posted.
  2. Contradictions between what is claimed in the faith questions and what is posted in the profile or elsewhere on the page (e.g. states Divorced but then says Yes to the question Free to marry -- if not annulled, then one is not free to marry in the Church).
  3. Ongoing messages that say absolutely nothing because they appear to be afraid to 'reveal' anything about the sender so they are just repetitive and impersonal. It's like a game of 'you tell me first'.

But I do like the forums - I think here people are more like themselves. I see opinions posted and conversations happening. It's a social community - and that is nice. I might stay a member just for the forums over time - we will see. I doubt I will have much success with the matchmaking part but it's always nice to make friends.

Jan 10 new
My pet peeve is that all the ladies who might not think I am crazy live far, far from where I live.
Jan 10 new
Oh, another one is when the person sends me a message and asks a question, I answer it and then the same question is asked at least three times. What is it you don't understand? I quit....
Jan 10 new
One of my peeves are messages that are one word or one liners. I mean if someone is going to send a message they should add some substance. It is hard to get a conversation started with a "hey" or a "hi". What is it that drew you to message me, tell me about yourself, give me something to answer with! tongue
Jan 10 new
Oh yeah, I forgot the ones that are complaining about me and asking me for a profile picture, meanwhile they don't have one? What? well where is yours??

Yet another, how about the explicit demand and critiqued requirements for good and A+ grammar and writing skills. I do not have a degree in English nor in composition. I mean I do understand the need for basic grammar and such, but many want beyond. They want a English Professor. I am not a professional writer. Why be so degrading?
Jan 10 new
One more before I take a nap. How about the man who views me, writes to me , and yet in his profile he wants start a family? Do you know I am 61 years old? I can see your well over 55 and more, how would this work? I am not Sarah. Or did you have adoption in mind?
It's just too much..........
Jan 10 new
(quote) Maria-1022025 said: One of my peeves are messages that are one word or one liners. I mean if someone is going to send a message they should add some substance. It is hard to get a conversation started with a "hey" or a "hi". What is it that drew you to message me, tell me about yourself, give me something to answer with!
LOL. You know why men sometimes do this, right ?
Posts 11 - 20 of 152