Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Jan 11th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I just found out that my mom has shingles. She is in a lot of pain. Please ask for healing for her. Thank you.

Oh not fun. My daughter had them a few years back, popped up while she was mowing the lawn. Prayers.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I just found out that my mom has shingles. She is in a lot of pain. Please ask for healing for her. Thank you.

Kathy, I saw your question and then I didn't. Anyway, I know there is a warning against using it if the skin in broken. The rationale may be b/c it would burn terribly. This is the only precaution I know about. When it comes to meds, I always consult with the pharmacist. HTH.
Jan 12th 2014 new
Oh sorry. I've had them. Ouch!!!
theheart Praying rosary
Jan 12th 2014 new
Praying Praying for her!
Jan 12th 2014 new
Praying Praying
Jan 12th 2014 new
Praying rosary
Jan 12th 2014 new
for I will pray for her tonight <3
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Rosanna-1008574 said: for I will pray for her tonight <3
very warm welcome Rosanna to the fora smile wave
Jan 12th 2014 new

Kathy,

Your mom may want to get the shingles shot to help prevent this from reappearing next year. Some doctors will say to get it while others say it won't help. all I can say is it's worth the shot. those darn chicken pox anyway.

praying for your mom's healing.

Jan 14th 2014 new

Connie,

Mom had the shot, which is why this is so frustrating for her. She is getting some relief from pain meds, but still not feeling well and not wanting to eat. She's a pretty spry 75 y.o., so it's not easy to see her down. She doesn't want food or company.

She is touched, as am I, by all these prayers. We may change her mind about online dating after all. LOL

Posts 41 - 50 of 57