Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Scott-1009726 said: 1st, the very nature of CM, or any other dating site, is artificial. It's not necessarily bad, just artificial.
That is so very true. The greatest successes I've had online were in chat rooms. Relationships developed naturally because people were there for a shared interest in a certain topic, rather than a shared interest in dating. (The only trouble is that the guys I fell for were Anglicans!)

Being here is just so odd. Because this is a dating site you would expect most members of the opposite sex who send you messages to do so out of interest. But the quality of many messages I've received are more friendly and polite than anything else. Are they writing to their sister, or to that cute goofy girl who catches their eye? Many times it's hard to tell!
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: Speaking only for single parents, sometimes it's about fatigue and priorities. I measure my free time each day in minutes, not hours. Second, the needs of my kids come first.

Many people aren't willing to tolerate coming in 3rd, behind God and kids. I respect every individual's right to preferences- but I am not the right person for them. If that means my friendships are limited to other parents and, (after my annulment is complete), I still don't have a romantic relationship, so be it. God entrusted these kids to me to raise and that is what I will do, to the best of my ability.

By the way, I do anticipate that, if I do remarry, my husband will slide into second place, but that's a position that has to be earned.
Welcome back Sam!
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said:  

Being here is just so odd. Because this is a dating site you would expect most members of the opposite sex who send you messages to do so out of interest. But the quality of many messages I've received are more friendly and polite than anything else. Are they writing to their sister, or to that cute goofy girl who catches their eye? Many times it's hard to tell!
Is there a gentleman out there who wants to help Margaret decode guy-speak?
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Lina raises good questions, Roystan. Are you not being surreal in your idealistic expectations along with your obvious difficulty with photo self identity? Again, can't help the psychotherapist herewithin.

come on Roystan........let's see your gorgeous mug!
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: come on Roystan........let's see your gorgeous mug!

Well, Susan, it is unfortunate but obvious that Roystan does not want us to be able to connect with us visually. Do you think there might be an underlying fear?

Jan 12th 2014 new

Oops, typo, I meant he does not want us to be able to connect with "him" visually.

Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said:  But the quality of many messages I've received are more friendly and polite than anything else. Are they writing to their sister, or to that cute goofy girl who catches their eye? Many times it's hard to tell!
Margaret............Perhaps, the friendly and polite are because it may have taken a lot courage to even send a message. Perhaps they are shy and playing it safe.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Do you care to say more about your perception, Johnny?

Carol,

It can be a mixture of a lot of things. Every individual is different.
Jan 12th 2014 new
Hi Carol,

The perception of of oneself as outlined in the personal profile and who who actually are. A first date will usually reveal the difference (e.g. pseudo-intellectual conversationalist behind the keyboard - boring as lint in person). Also, in some cases, uncovering the real reasons behind a member's decision not to post a profile picture.

What you perceive on CM and what you eventually encounter can be worlds apart. When there is deception from the outset, a bad connection is sure to follow. However, I remain hopeful...

Thanks for the interesting topic!

wide eyed
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Scott-1009726 said: I would respectfully disagree with your position. Of course, you must do what you want. However, I think it is the duty of one married to put that marriage partner first.
I restate: if I remarry, he will be my partner and come before my kids. However, during the dating and discernment portion of our program, he comes in third.
Posts 81 - 90 of 200