Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 12th 2014 new
Andrew, very wise comments. Thank you.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Tim-1039225 said: I think it's funny how everybody who responded is putting physical attractiveness at the bottom. Be honest--if somebody's not at least a 8/10, they're not worth the time of day
Oh Tim, Tim, Tim. . . I will assume it is your youth which speaks rather than just shallowness. . . beauty is subjective . . . in the eye of the beholder. My father thought I was homely but my husband thought I was the most beautiful woman he had ever known. Many who are beautiful in their youth age poorly. An alpha male is attractive because of his alpha status and traits not because of his physical beauty although that might or might not be a part of it. And, sex appeal and attractiveness are far more than a physical thing, in fact, the other can totally override the physical. It's making the person you are with feel as if they are the most important person in the world, it is being comfortable in your own skin, it is being concerned with more than you, its being engaged and vibrant. A beautiful smile transforms even the most ordinary of faces. A hearty laugh allows the soul to glimmer. While we are technically animals and have an urge to mate and that is often along guidelines of what appears to be good genes or health on a purely instinctive level, we are also creatures of mind and soul, which adds many more qualities to the mix.

And, how would you classify physical beauty? is it merely a fantastic body? If so what is a fantastic body, long and lithe like a runner, taut and powerful like a fitness model, curvy and soft like a Marilyn Monroe?? Or is it a gorgeous face with symmetry and clear skin and good bone structure and big eyes and a glorious head of hair? Is it both?

For every person you rate at below an 8, someone else will consider a 10. For me, what I would consider physical traits that I look at first in a man. . . a strong weathered face throw in some scars, powerful arms and large, rough masculine hands, and sparkling eyes, bald worn proudly is awesome. . .flat tummy not required, not going to check out the backside, or the legs.

Many would be surprised what they actually find attractive if they bother to actually engage the other person and examine their parts and then the whole. When that draw to the other person surpasses the physical urge to one where your souls reach out for one another and the physical coming together is filled with awe and wonder and relish and renewal -- can't beat it and that really has very little to do with the physical beauty of another person.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Tim-1039225 said: I think it's funny how everybody who responded is putting physical attractiveness at the bottom. Be honest--if somebody's not at least a 8/10, they're not worth the time of day
Tim -- you are looking to lust, not love, it seems. Very shallow, very short-lived. Hopefully you will grow and mature.
Jan 12th 2014 new

Tim

I have a idea you are joking, that being said at my age a blind man might be preferable as he will "see" the real me!! I wonder if there is a search option for that ?

Jan 12th 2014 new
I am still working on becoming an8/10. Honest.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-1045895 said: Tim, that is a very shallow comment. I hope -you were joking. Seriously - why would you say something like that? Do you outright dismiss a lady because she is a 7, or a 5? LOOKS-WISE to you. If you seek out her inner beauty, her outer beauty can become a lot more gorgeous.
Now here's a knight-errant
Jan 12th 2014 new

I can assure everyone that Tim is kidding. Based on his previous posts, I am interpreting him to mean that he hasn't been giving the time of day by the ladies. He is actually a sweet guy as a review of his post history easily reveals.

Oh, and Tim, you got to work on your delivery!

Jan 12th 2014 new
What's VERY important to me as regards an "ideal" woman are the "three B's" B.B.B.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: Oh Tim, Tim, Tim. . . I will assume it is your youth which speaks rather than just shallowness. . . beauty is subjective . . . in the eye of the beholder. My father thought I was homely but my husband thought I was the most beautiful woman he had ever known. Many who are beautiful in their youth age poorly. An alpha male is attractive because of his alpha status and traits not because of his physical beauty although that might or might not be a part of it. And, sex appeal and attractiveness are far more than a physical thing, in fact, the other can totally override the physical. It's making the person you are with feel as if they are the most important person in the world, it is being comfortable in your own skin, it is being concerned with more than you, its being engaged and vibrant. A beautiful smile transforms even the most ordinary of faces. A hearty laugh allows the soul to glimmer. While we are technically animals and have an urge to mate and that is often along guidelines of what appears to be good genes or health on a purely instinctive level, we are also creatures of mind and soul, which adds many more qualities to the mix.

And, how would you classify physical beauty? is it merely a fantastic body? If so what is a fantastic body, long and lithe like a runner, taut and powerful like a fitness model, curvy and soft like a Marilyn Monroe?? Or is it a gorgeous face with symmetry and clear skin and good bone structure and big eyes and a glorious head of hair? Is it both?

For every person you rate at below an 8, someone else will consider a 10. For me, what I would consider physical traits that I look at first in a man. . . a strong weathered face throw in some scars, powerful arms and large, rough masculine hands, and sparkling eyes, bald worn proudly is awesome. . .flat tummy not required, not going to check out the backside, or the legs.

Many would be surprised what they actually find attractive if they bother to actually engage the other person and examine their parts and then the whole. When that draw to the other person surpasses the physical urge to one where your souls reach out for one another and the physical coming together is filled with awe and wonder and relish and renewal -- can't beat it and that really has very little to do with the physical beauty of another person.
Hi Lauren,

" ....being engaged and vibrant. "

Precisely. Meeting someone where they are now, questing an enlarged and expansive future.... We have the free will choice to find a common ground, letting the other person animate back, a feedback system. We've prolly all known someone, regardless of " beauty " level, who, upon finding someone who cares, blooms into magnetic radiance in social settings. We can choose to set that spark, feed that flame, follow the sun. Perhaps we have a spotlight within which can display by our interaction the ( perhaps previously hidden ) attributes of another. And if God doesn't plan a future for us with that person, we never know who might have witnessed that process, ability, receptiveness, ( wordsmiths and therapists- a little help here ?!) , and then be possibly attracted by / to that in us....
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Albert-146514 said: What's VERY important to me as regards an "ideal" woman are the "three B's" B.B.B.

Albert

What are the three "B's" Beauty, Brains and Busty? Seriously I never heard this phrase.

Posts 21 - 30 of 83