Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Lauren,

" ....being engaged and vibrant. "

Precisely. Meeting someone where they are now, questing an enlarged and expansive future.... We have the free will choice to find a common ground, letting the other person animate back, a feedback system. We've prolly all known someone, regardless of " beauty " level, who, upon finding someone who cares, blooms into magnetic radiance in social settings. We can choose to set that spark, feed that flame, follow the sun. Perhaps we have a spotlight within which can display by our interaction the ( perhaps previously hidden ) attributes of another. And if God doesn't plan a future for us with that person, we never know who might have witnessed that process, ability, receptiveness, ( wordsmiths and therapists- a little help here ?!) , and then be possibly attracted by / to that in us....
This is brilliant Bernie! Calling the wordsmiths.........love it !!! New word for me to use.
Let the wordsmiths proclaim...... laughing
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said:

Albert

What are the three "B's" Beauty, Brains and Busty? Seriously I never heard this phrase.

laughing Well the only thing I could think of is the store...Bed, Bath and Beyond!!!
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Juan-1022000 said: Like, in what order to you care about these things:

IntelligencePhysical attractivenessEconomic statusHolinessFunGreat careerDesire to change for the betterHonestyCommunicativeBraveConfident

This is not easy. I would add only kindness to your list:

Holiness, kindness, honesty, communicative, desire to change for the better, intelligence, fun, economic status/great career, brave, economic status and physical attractiveness.

It will be interesting to see how others rank these qualities.

Jan 12th 2014 new
Communicative
Intelligent
Holiness
Brave/confiident
Honesty
Desire to change for the better
Ecomonic status
Great career

I think the captions are realtive to interpretation. Honesty would hopefully be included within communicative and holiness and frat career / ecomonic status are relative to individuals. The top 4 on my list describe pretty well what I would be looking for in a man. It seems that on CM that men are not particularly brave or confident at contacting woman and I think this would make a big difference if they ventured forth a little more. This may be realtive (there's that word again) only to us of the older generations!
Jan 12th 2014 new
Sorry for all the spelling mistakes!
Jan 12th 2014 new

Beauty , Brains, & "Bucks"

As for Kristens "B" guess; you have me thinking; should there be ----- ?

Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Albert-146514 said:

Beauty , Brains, & "Bucks"

As for Kristens "B" guess; you have me thinking; should there be ----- ?

laughing ok then..............
Jan 12th 2014 new
Agree. I've dated local region girls that were up to 11 years younger, but on sites that let you restrict the age, I see most 35 year old women want men between 30 and 37, for example. . .
Jan 12th 2014 new

laughing I love it when my own advice is thrown back in my face.

My late husband was a real animal person. He had a nasty, unreliable dog who terrorized me (esp. once the children came) but whom he loved deeply. I put up with the dog for eight years until it died.

I would be hesitant to do that again. Also, over the years I've developed cat and rabbit allergies (got 2 bunnies yet!).

And, I value my independence. Don't want to be tied down to a pet when we might just get in the car and drive to ... wherever. smile

Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Juan-1022000 said: Like, in what order to you care about these things:

IntelligencePhysical attractivenessEconomic statusHolinessFunGreat careerDesire to change for the betterHonestyCommunicativeBraveConfident

Just want you to be YOU! the Real you....
Posts 31 - 40 of 83