Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 14 new
Victoria Falls is on my bucket list. I saw it once on one of those pbs travel shows and knew right away I have to see that someday. Doesn't look like I'll get to anytime soon though.
Jan 14 new
I was there for a week at easter 1974
Jan 14 new
(quote) Nancy-1015412 said: Calling all world travelers! Where have been your FAVORITE places in the world to travel? Where is your dream destination?
I LOVE to travel. A few of my favorites: Rome, Paris both for the obvious reasons that everyone loves them (They seem like places people love or hate!) I LOVE Poland (Shrine of Our Lady of Chestohova) and Fatima.

I have wanted to go to Ireland for a long time, and I'm actually going in March!! biggrin hyper I would also love to go to England and Scotland. :)
Jan 15 new
(quote) Monica-1041997 said: The most beautiful place I have ever been is the Seto Inland Sea in Japan (you can see a picture of it in my profile).

I wouldn't mind visiting York someday, just because I am from New York and I am curious about the place it was named after!
I've been to York. It's very picturesque but it will feel very tiny compared to New York wink
Jan 15 new
(quote) Kate-913075 said: I've been to York. It's very picturesque but it will feel very tiny compared to New York
Oh, I would love to hear about it, Kate!

By the way, I just noticed you are from Frankfurt am Main. Your city helped rebuild a nursing home in Sendai after the Great East Japan Earthquake (I know because I translated the thank-you letter). Thank you! :)
Jan 15 new

Greetings Fellow Travelers

The best City on my Passport is Hong Kong. Most romantic for us. Many memories.

The next in line of favorites is all of Ireland. Having rented a car we traveled by ourselves touring wherever the Irish wind blew. What a wonderful Honeymoon "Try it you'll like it"

Enjoy and god love

Philip

Jan 15 new
Other than Australia, I stayed there before, I want to see other parts of Southern Hemisphere....even Antartica....Is passport/visa required to go to Antartica?
Jan 15 new
(quote) Nancy-1015412 said: Calling all world travelers! Where have been your FAVORITE places in the world to travel? Where is your dream destination?
I LOVE to travel. A few of my favorites: Rome, Paris both for the obvious reasons that everyone loves them (They seem like places people love or hate!) I LOVE Poland (Shrine of Our Lady of Chestohova) and Fatima.

I've been to several states in the US, but Canada twice and Lima, Peru once --- beautiful!!!! I still have plans to go at some point in the future -- to Continental Europe, England, Scotland and Ireland, and Australia. . . and who knows where else :-)
Jan 15 new

Favorite place overall was Thailand in the 1980s. But, perhaps a love interest there colored my youthful opinion !

Most beautiful place recently was Suwarrow Atoll in the Northen Cook Islands. Uninhabited and only accessible by boat, it was a true tropical paradise. Of course that may have been influenced by the coconut homebrew made by a ranger there. But the pristine reefs, delicious coconut crabs, and swimming with the giant manta rays really helped.

Dream Destination: Italy. I've never been, but think I would love the food, opera, history, and emotional approach to romance.

Jan 15 new
My favorite place to travel is Mackinac Island, MI, though any place in Michigan is pretty awesome. I would love to hike from one end to the other of both Isle Royale National Park and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, but to play it safe I would need a traveling companion.

I would also love to go to Ireland and Scotland. As part Irish lass I feel I would fit in there just swimmingly, while Scotland is just plain cool. I do need to go to Lithuania, too, as I am the only member of my immediate family who has yet to make the trek.
Posts 11 - 20 of 47