Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 14th 2014 new
No.
Jan 14th 2014 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said: I wouldnt say I "had a cow". LOL. I was talking about 2 situations recently from this site where we had substantial contact and actually met in person. In both cases, if they decided they didnt want to pursue things further, I certainly respect that. I know that catholicmatch is a land of endless possibilities. All I am asking for is an email with some kind of an explanation. Is that too much too ask?
Definitely not. It's common courtesy and certainly what I would like to recieve if I were in your place.
Just try to convince yourself that they may have good reasons. Maybe something has come up in their lives and you will still get that email later. If not just tell yourself that it was not meant to be and move on. Good luck!

Jan 14th 2014 new
(quote) Maria-1022025 said: This makes me think of the expression: "When you love something, set it free...if it comes back it was meant to be."

Does this include God sending or letting go of his Word, which is never prodigal and always returns, and always returns to him fulfilled?
Jan 14th 2014 new
In my junior year of college I met this amazing young woman with a tempestuous nature and a shock of curly red hair. We fell in love - but she was seeing someone and, much as she wanted to, would never pull away from him. She was my first great love and first great sorrow. She and my rival will celebrate their 30th anniversary later this year. I never got over this.

Twelve years later I was spending a lot of time back in my college town because my old roommate was terminally ill. By then I was married. We ran into each other at Mass and rekindled a friendship over the next few months until my roommate died. We stayed in loose contact afterwards. The first thing I realized is that she and I would have never made it as a couple. We were completely mismatched. But we became good friends. She and my (then) wife hit it off. I liked her husband. Odd how things work out. They say "rejection is God's protection". That's so right.
Jan 14th 2014 new
God is the exception to all rules...we are human, we are here to fulfill his will. He is not here to fulfill ours.
Jan 14th 2014 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Does this include God sending or letting go of his Word, which is never prodigal and always returns, and always returns to him fulfilled?
not to be confused with a boomerang .........
:)
Jan 14th 2014 new
David, you romantic you.... you make falling in love sound like joy

Jan 14th 2014 new
nothing ventured, nothing gained.
We can let someone go too soon out of stubbornness, bullheaded pride, and we can miss an opportunity out of nervousness, shyness, fear, but God can Remedy our mistakes, and He does, ya just have to ask. ;)

Jan 14th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I like to think of myself as the One That Got Away.
I still miss the one who got away. She somehow escaped through the bathroom window. sad
Jan 14th 2014 new
As long as I am sitting here on the shelf, I will wonder and agonize about every single contact I have ever made, and especially about the pretty young lady who sat across the room from me in college and caught my eye because she usually wore nice skirts for class instead of jeans like everyone else-- but with whom I never had so much as a word.
Posts 11 - 20 of 83