Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 15th 2014 new
(quote) Patrick-341178 said: my post was my therapy.. in a way I am glad that she is now engaged so I can put in behind me... I was wondering actually what had been talking so long.... you wont hear me talk about it again
Patrick, don't let someone else's opinion keep you from putting something on the table.You are right it is theraputic just as it is theraputic for me to offer adivice and all to often when I do I say too much or what thers consider the wrong thing. A habit that developed in part from being too big and (in the past mean) for others to smart off to my face about it. All the same if it helps you or someone else spill what ya got and ask for feed back.

Although, I wouldn't spill this type of thing on a lady you are hoping to make a connection with. It does present poorly to someone who may be thinking of being a part of your future if you are stuck in the past. Women all the time say they want somebody emotionally availible and this topic is exactly what they mean. Not just that you are single but that you truly have let go of any clinging desire to be with someone else. While I am at it clinginess doesn't work well for most either unless they too are that way.
Jan 15th 2014 new

I think about this all the time ... the one who got away ...

I often wonder if we miss "the one," is that it? Was that the one chance God gave us, and if we screwed it up, are we doomed to loneliness?? .. I do wonder ..

Jan 15th 2014 new
I love that movie! Being fond of SciFi - especially "Hard SciFi" - it's fun thinking about how something like that could happen - n-dimensional universe, and string theory - and it's a great love story. ... Okay, yeah, I like "chick flicks" - especially when there's a good SciFi edge: "Sliding Doors", "Time Traveller's Wife", and "Timeline".

It's one thing to think back on the could'a would'a should'as, but the past is known... We all get to live for the could, might, gonna - the superior adventure! (Huh? Yeah, but just one ... beer.) laughing
Jan 15th 2014 new
Sometimes I do think about my first love, but only in the respect that I hope everything is going well for him. I learned invaluable lessons about myself in the short time that he and I courted and I'm grateful. As I look back, I believe that God protected us. Our values differed and we weren't right for each other. I continue to pray for him and trust that we made the best decision in the end.
Jan 15th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said:

I think about this all the time ... the one who got away ...

I often wonder if we miss "the one," is that it? Was that the one chance God gave us, and if we screwed it up, are we doomed to loneliness?? .. I do wonder ..

I think, the one's that got away were meant to. If we allow that we were doing our best to let God work in our lives, then those passing acquaintances served His purposes, or He will make it so - for both sides. And as a corollary to the Prodigal Son, if we stray from His Plan, but return penitent, He makes a new Plan.

Remember: Our belief in Sacramental Reconciliation is not consistent with a "Single Chance".
Jan 15th 2014 new
(quote) David-870960 said: I think, the one's that got away were meant to. If we allow that we were doing our best to let God work in our lives, then those passing acquaintances served His purposes, or He will make it so - for both sides.  
You couldn't have voiced and summed up my thoughts more succinctly, David. I can't help but question the extent of "The one that got away" feelings and thoughts are representative of unresolved loss issues.
Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Ever see the movie "Sliding Doors"?
Sometimes, through our choices, the path to a destination may differ, but the destination stays the same.
No, I haven't seen it. I know too many people that have made poor choices to change their destination to know that isn't true.
There's no way that I would be in SC if I didn't choose to be here.
I would have dated the 21 year old more when I was 26 years old and lived in Cleveland if I didn't move to Cincinnati, I guess I didn't realize how much she was in love with me.
Jan 16th 2014 new
Would it be too upFront to ask, "Wasatch you say?"
Jan 16th 2014 new
Hello Patrick,

from my experience, telling a woman that you want to be friends is telling her that you're not ready for a relationship, but want to keep the door open to the possibility of one in the future. What she will be hearing is that you want her to sit on a shelf and wait for you to be ready, as though she has no other prospects. It's not meant as an insult (usually because timing or emotions aren't right), but women, as well as men can be very sensitive to things of this nature, so I can only guess that she cut off the friendship because she didn't want you believing that there was a possibility of a romantic relationship in the future because she wouldn't be waiting around. I'm not sure what to make of her flirtatious behavior, but I do know of people who, when trying to be friendly and happy around someone come off as flirty when that was never their intention. I hope this answers some questions for you and may help you to find closure.

God bless,
Bernadette~
Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: I would have dated the 21 year old more when I was 26 years old and lived in Cleveland if I didn't move to Cincinnati, I guess I didn't realize how much she was in love with me.
Deja vu all over again. 1971 Cleveland - I'm 27 and my serious GF 21 ... but we let it end ... when maybe it shouldn't have. She loved "Bridge Over Troubled Water" then. We didn't let that Bridge keep us together.

I knew she was very much in love w/ me.

Experience, and learning.

Where is your 5-years younger ex-GF now?
Posts 41 - 50 of 83