Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 17th 2014 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: I don't have regrets for leaving Cleveland and I let more get away in Cincinnati.
I also have a strong feeling for my first girlfriend when I was 19; she was the younger sister of a friend in my high school class (she was 16).
Hang in there, it only takes one.

Cincy provides excellent social opportunities ...
www.meetup.com



Jan 17th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: I forgot one more thing, the church does not want any kissing!!!!
I have heard that fundamentalist Protestants don't either....because it could lead to dancing :)
I would have been happy to defer the kissing until after the marriage ceremony angel
Thank you for the kind words Cindy!
Jan 17th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: I have heard that fundamentalist Protestants don't either....because it could lead to dancing :)
I would have been happy to defer the kissing until after the marriage ceremony
Thank you for the kind words Cindy!
biggrin Your welcome. Please keep us updated, I would like to hear your moving out of the 13th century.
Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: Your welcome. Please keep us updated, I would like to hear your moving out of the 13th century.
Thanks, but I've subjected y'all (as we say in Canada) to too much already. And I fear I may have stopped the whole thread stone cold dead. Kind of like throwing a dead frog into the punch bowl. eyepopping
Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Thanks, but I've subjected y'all (as we say in Canada) to too much already. And I fear I may have stopped the whole thread stone cold dead. Kind of like throwing a dead frog into the punch bowl.
crossfingers
: No your fine. Thank you for sharing this with us. Your very honest and patience. I just wanted to try to help, but I shouldn't of. I hope and wish for you a good outcome with your lady. It might just work your way.
Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Hang in there, it only takes one.

Cincy provides excellent social opportunities ...
http://www.meetup.com/cincinnati-nky-30-catholic-singles



I'm already a member of that group and was a member of the 30+ group when it first formed about 15 years ago. I was also a member of the young adult Catholic singles out of St. George when it was still a Catholic church and was a team leader at the St. George food pantry for over 10 years. I know about the social opportunities and I got caught up in them in Cincinnati...that may have been part of the problem.
Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: I just wanted to try to help, but I shouldn't of.
But you DID help, and I asked for people's views - so: many thanks!
Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: I'm already a member of that group and was a member of the 30+ group when it first formed about 15 years ago. I was also a member of the young adult Catholic singles out of St. George when it was still a Catholic church and was a team leader at the St. George food pantry for over 10 years. I know about the social opportunities and I got caught up in them in Cincinnati...that may have been part of the problem.
They have a smaller Dance tonite in Hamilton and I don't know where the Church is. I went to 3 IHM dances last year and hope to on March 1st if the possible conflict that day doesn't occur. I usually dance w/ at least 6 women at each dance.

Can't find a spouse if we don't try.
Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Bernadette-874299 said: Hello Patrick,

from my experience, telling a woman that you want to be friends is telling her that you're not ready for a relationship, but want to keep the door open to the possibility of one in the future. What she will be hearing is that you want her to sit on a shelf and wait for you to be ready, as though she has no other prospects. It's not meant as an insult (usually because timing or emotions aren't right), but women, as well as men can be very sensitive to things of this nature, so I can only guess that she cut off the friendship because she didn't want you believing that there was a possibility of a romantic relationship in the future because she wouldn't be waiting around. I'm not sure what to make of her flirtatious behavior, but I do know of people who, when trying to be friendly and happy around someone come off as flirty when that was never their intention. I hope this answers some questions for you and may help you to find closure.

God bless,
Bernadette~
Bernadette,

This works both ways. Men will hear "you are the type of man I would like to find myself in a relationship with but not one I find attractive physically" or "I liked you at first but then you opened your mouth" or " my offer of freindship is only out of pity not to hurt your feelings with total rejection." When it could and often does mean "I like you but have learned from the past not to let physical attraction cause me to move to fast so lets take this slow" which is what we are taught by the church to do. Or any number of other possible meanings. People usually hear what they want to based on thier own experiences and/or assumptions. Bottom line is the "friend" tag is the number two killer of any possible real God blessed romantic relationship behind only the placing of sex before actually knowing a person. It is like dancing with the devil.one step forewar two steps back never gettin where you are goin.
Jan 18th 2014 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: They have a smaller Dance tonite in Hamilton and I don't know where the Church is. I went to 3 IHM dances last year and hope to on March 1st if the possible conflict that day doesn't occur. I usually dance w/ at least 6 women at each dance.

Can't find a spouse if we don't try.
I see that Ted is one of the organizers of the dance. I've known Ted for over 20 years; he's also never been married. I've gone on bike rides with him, retreats and other singles activities...I guess we all are part of the rare group of men that haven't been married and have been seeking a Catholic spouse for over 25 years.
Posts 71 - 80 of 83