Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 15th 2014 new

Yes. I was wary for a long time, but the ever increasing cost of stamps propelled me to start. It makes a dreary task faster and easier than I ever could have imagined.

Jan 15th 2014 new
Yes I have payed my bills online forever it is just easier and being able to do it within a few short clicks of a mouse and entering in stuff is far much better then sending out letters by postage to pay for bills
Jan 15th 2014 new
I don't feel secure with online banking from home. I have a couple of bills on a automatic deduction. A set amount can be averaged by utility & auto pay from the bank . And some are on bill pay that I pay while I'm at the bank on their secure computer. Some I still pay w/ check. Careful where the decimal point goes! I made a mistake once which was a hassle.
Jan 15th 2014 new
I have been paying my credit card bills online for years. Just started using online bill pay for other bills, using the websites of my bank and credit union.

The advantage is that it's quicker and saves on stamps and writing checks and stuffing envelopes.

For one of my payees, the main hospital that I use, there is an annoyance that they create a NEW account number for me for EACH visit to the hospital or one of their clinics. And I have been going to their Wound Healing Clinic regularly for the past several months.
So when using the online bill pay to pay the hospital, I have to create a new payee entry for each different account number. irked
With other payees I just create one entry, and I can reuse that entry for all future payments, because the account number doesn't change.
Jan 15th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

If so, what is the primary benefit?

If not, why not?

I pay all my bills but one online and it is the one that was due today and I forgot until I was at the gas station this evening and it is too late lol. . . its our local electric/water/trash/ambulance bill, luckily for me I can pay it in the morning without penalty. And, luckily they know me lol. The advantage is that I sit down and spend about thirty minutes paying them at the beginning of the month and then it is done.

I resisted for a long time, then I was going to be out of town for an extended period of time and looked into the online -- so easy, secure servers, and it's done. An instant receipt is also nice. I don't even print them any more, I copy and paste into a document file and store them electronically.

Jan 15th 2014 new

Yes I pay my bills online, almost all of them. It is faster than writing checks. The only exception is the property tax bill and that is because you have to use their site and pay a huge fee.

I have never had a problem with online banking and there is a considerable amount saved by not paying postage. I should add I use a desk top computer at home. A laptop in a public place might pose an identify theft danger.

Jan 15th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

If so, what is the primary benefit?

If not, why not?

I do not want to see mail delivery disappear from our society.
Jan 15th 2014 new

I love on-line banking. My bills are paid on time! I can always reference what I need. It's been a great time saver!

Jan 15th 2014 new
Yep! Love it - 20 minutes on the computer once and month and I'm done!
Jan 15th 2014 new
I also resisted for years, but now I love it. I only use the bill pay feature through my credit union (vs going to a company website) and since all the information they need has already been set up, all I have to do is enter the amount I want to pay, hit "submit" and it's done.

One question though , I only pay bills at home, but I use my lap top. I thought this would be safe if I was doing it from home. How do I know if my wireless network is set up with WPA2 security?

Posts 11 - 20 of 48