Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jan 15th 2014 new
I pay over the phone and I write checks. I am old fashioned in that way where I like the post office/mail carriers. Although I do shop on line. I like paper. wide eyed eyebrow
Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-905778 said: I also resisted for years, but now I love it. I only use the bill pay feature through my credit union (vs going to a company website) and since all the information they need has already been set up, all I have to do is enter the amount I want to pay, hit "submit" and it's done.

One question though , I only pay bills at home, but I use my lap top. I thought this would be safe if I was doing it from home. How do I know if my wireless network is set up with WPA2 security?

I assume your laptop is using a wireless connection?

The security used for the wireless connection can be determined from either the router's management interface or the laptop's network configuration settings.

The router's management interface is usually accessed using a web browser connecting to a preconfigured address (often 192.168.0.1). If you have the router setup instructions, they should tell you how to configure the security level.

On the laptop, you'll need to find the wireless connection configuration menu. I have never used a Mac, so I can't help there. On Windows 7, the path is Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Wireless Network Connection > Wireless Properties > Security The path will vary a bit depending on the Windows version, but it should be somewhat similar to the above. If you have a wireless icon on the system tray, you might try right-clicking on that first to see if there is a configuration option.

Jan 16th 2014 new
Marge,

I like paying at the last minute. And no stamps to buy. Just the expense of computer, broadband, power, and printing for my records.

Tom
Jan 16th 2014 new
saving on postage. I also used to take the bills to the stores but found that I'd forget and then they'd be late so it was better to pay them online. I have almost all of my bills set up for auto pay which helps me out a lot.
Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

If so, what is the primary benefit?

If not, why not?

Hi Marge,

Can we ask you this question?

Jan 16th 2014 new

Only a few oh that is all I have.

Takes a minute Do not have to drive to the post office.

Jan 16th 2014 new
That's the trend, no need to receive an envelope of notice of payment in the mail box. Bill notices are sent by Epost through email inbox, & then pay the bills online. An automatic payment can be done through automatic deduction to an account which is set aside for this purpose. Thus, not worrying whether the bills are paid or not. Needs only to track down always on what is going on to the account. Probably, in the future, billings will be paperless. Save paper, save trees.
Jan 16th 2014 new
As I stated earlier I even make my Sunday parrish donation on line. When I first started this I felt funny not tossing something in the basket each week. It was the first time since I had my paper route at age twelve I did contribute during Mass. It saves the church accounting time and effort.
Jan 16th 2014 new
...did NOT contribute... I need to dtop posting from my phone too many mistakes with this small print.
Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) John-559440 said: As I stated earlier I even make my Sunday parrish donation on line. When I first started this I felt funny not tossing something in the basket each week. It was the first time since I had my paper route at age twelve I did contribute during Mass. It saves the church accounting time and effort.
Did you know that the church pays a fee for online giving? Does that change things for you?
I don't recall the percentage, but even if it were only 2.8%, it still means that the church isn't profiting as much as it could by having people give cash or write checks. In my way of thinking, where churches should be careful about expenses, that 2.8% could be better spent elsewhere. And with the online company I was familiar with, it really did not save accounting time and effort. A goal with online tithing is/was that the church receive a family's contribution even when they did not attend Mass at that church a particular weekend, like when they went on vacation. However, at my former parish, this did not hold true. I know--blah blah boring, but since I do not like the online tithing concept, I thought I'd throw out a different perspective. rolling eyes
Posts 21 - 30 of 48