Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Anne,

I do like those signs in front of churches. There is a Protestant church near my home which always has some "food for thought" sayings on it's electric sign

Hey Jerry! You know, most of the signs or billboards I remember in front of some Catholic churches would only be announcing dates & times of bingos, bazzars (sp.?), or mass times. Maybe our dear Pope Francis will enact a new rule for churches to put some good wisdom or nice quotes on their signs for all passer-byers to see. Kinda like the "One-minute Monk" on EWTN radio. Ever heard him on local Catholic radio? Yes, we can still learn some new tips from our Protestant brothers & sisters.
Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Anne-445674 said:
Hey Jerry! You know, most of the signs or billboards I remember in front of some Catholic churches would only be announcing dates & times of bingos, bazzars (sp.?), or mass times. Maybe our dear Pope Francis will enact a new rule for churches to put some good wisdom or nice quotes on their signs for all passer-byers to see. Kinda like the "One-minute Monk" on EWTN radio. Ever heard him on local Catholic radio? Yes, we can still learn some new tips from our Protestant brothers & sisters.
You may be on to something here! Maybe we could have a CM contest to see who can best express important points of the Catholic faith in Burma Shave-like slogans?

On curves ahead
Remember, sonny
That rabbit's foot
Didn't save
The bunny
Burma-Shave

Violets are blue
Roses are pink
On graves
Of those
Who drive and drink
Burma-Shave

www.fiftiesweb.com

Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: You may be on to something here! Maybe we could have a CM contest to see who can best express important points of the Catholic faith in Burma Shave-like slogans?

On curves ahead
Remember, sonny
That rabbit's foot
Didn't save
The bunny
Burma-Shave

Violets are blue
Roses are pink
On graves
Of those
Who drive and drink
Burma-Shave

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/burma.htm

Well, Jerry, good idea! But, I'll have to sleep on it, as it's getting late out here on East coast (Southeast that is). Some of our best thoughts come while sleeping or dreaming, right?
...Also, when I used to teach for a short time several years ago, I liked to read to the class a quote of the day or similar joke of the day. Always nice to share wisdom using "brevity". good night!
Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Because I'm in traffic twice a day....I have the opportunity to see many bumper stickers.

Some are hilarious, some about faith, some thought provoking and still others downright bizarre. So I thought this would be a fun thread.

What have you seen? Do have any on your vehicle?

I'll start with this one I saw on a pickup (of course!) the other day:

It had three on it from left to right starting with: "Pro God"......"Pro-life"....and "Pro gun"

(all three are things I believe in) but nothing on my vehicle

Hi Jerry,

I personally don't like bumper stickers. But I do have a vanity tag license plate that says: MEOW. I view it as giving political voice to cats. Dogs stick their heads out the windows and don't need it as much.

Jan 16th 2014 new
Favorite bumper sticker: Nope. Don't read much. Hurts my brain.

Favorite vanity plate: Rcnante: Rocinante, Don Quijote's noble steed, on a car that had seen better days.
Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Jan-805954 said: I love this one: Just give me the chance to prove that money can't make me happy!
laughing laughing Love that one!
Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Hi Jerry,

I personally don't like bumper stickers. But I do have a vanity tag license plate that says: MEOW. I view it as giving political voice to cats. Dogs stick their heads out the windows and don't need it as much.

hahaha!

Jan 16th 2014 new
(quote) Anne-445674 said:
They could at least have signs a teeny bit larger to accommodate the Mass/Confession schedules AND have room for some profound "quote" of the day~ (IMHO)
Jan 16th 2014 new

I have also seen them driving some raggedy vehicle and the bumper sticker read: "I'd rather be riding my Harley"

Or....."Live to Ride.....Ride to Live"

Jan 16th 2014 new

Jesus loves you but he loves me better!-one of my all time favorites

Posts 41 - 50 of 80