Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 28th 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-1026653 said:
Secondly, have you ever taken the "inventory" that helps you to determine what your special gifts are? From what you say above, you may possibly have the gift of encouragement. If people have felt greatly helped talking to you, or felt healed of their afflictions and have told you this, then this may be your charism. A charism is a gift given to you for others. It is not you that is at work, but God. If you have this charism people will always be coming to you. Be open to discern if this is what is happening, because if it is, you should be exercising this and not find it objectionable. For more info check this out: http://www.siena.org/Called-Gifted/called-a-gifted

Sorry Virginia, just saw this comment.
Glad you liked the Lewis--I rarely miss an opportunity to recommend him.
I've only skimmed the link you provided but it's fascinating and I'll take a much closer look this coming weekend. I would enjoy taking the inventory though offhand I doubt I have a charism, I mean anything very out of the ordinary. But maybe you're the one with the gift of encouragement? :)
Thank you!
Jan 28th 2014 new
Sometimes baggage can be heavy but once we learn how to carry it properly it can travel with us to amazing places. I have baggage I am learning to carry the right way and sometimes it fall off my shoulders to the ground but I pick it back up and carry on in my journey of life. I would enjoy learning about someones baggage and how they are learning to carry it on their journey and maybe the two people can learn to carry their baggage together and travel an amazing journey.
Jan 28th 2014 new
(quote) Narcia-1022635 said: Sometimes baggage can be heavy but once we learn how to carry it properly it can travel with us to amazing places. I have baggage I am learning to carry the right way and sometimes it fall off my shoulders to the ground but I pick it back up and carry on in my journey of life. I would enjoy learning about someones baggage and how they are learning to carry it on their journey and maybe the two people can learn to carry their baggage together and travel an amazing journey.
hug Praying theheart rosary rose rose rose
Jan 29th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Sorry Virginia, just saw this comment.
Glad you liked the Lewis--I rarely miss an opportunity to recommend him.
I've only skimmed the link you provided but it's fascinating and I'll take a much closer look this coming weekend. I would enjoy taking the inventory though offhand I doubt I have a charism, I mean anything very out of the ordinary. But maybe you're the one with the gift of encouragement? :)
Thank you!
We all receive the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit at Confirmation which are ours to KEEP. And ALL baptized Christians are given one or more charisms that are to be GIVEN AWAY.

Not trying to hijack your thread! Sometimes knowing how you are gifted can help you better understand what is going on between you and another person.

CCC 800, 801, 951, 1830-1832, 2003........
Feb 1st 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-1026653 said: We all receive the 7 gifts of the Holy Spirit at Confirmation which are ours to KEEP. And ALL baptized Christians are given one or more charisms that are to be GIVEN AWAY.

Not trying to hijack your thread! Sometimes knowing how you are gifted can help you better understand what is going on between you and another person.

CCC 800, 801, 951, 1830-1832, 2003........
You're not hijacking the thread, you're enriching it. And it IS on topic, since I took you to be saying that the desire to help 'a bird with a broken wing' might not be simply a neurosis but evidence of a charism for encouragement.
Feb 2nd 2014 new
This post reminds me of 3 opportunities: 1) Faithfulness; 2) encouragement; and 3) sacrificial love.
Posts 111 - 116 of 116