I will pray for you and your family. I hope your son is doing ok after the accident.
A suggestion is to start gathering evidence.
1) Your son's well documented account would be helpful. There might be a significant detail he remembers later.
2) Obtain a copy of the police or crash report.
3) Take your own pictures of the vehicle damage, yours and the other party if possible.
4) You could contact a consumer agency to compare actions taken by all parties involved.
5) Go back to your insurance company and confirm what documentation they have and compare it to your findings. Ask for details about what they are doing to protect your son.
6) Finally, I would re-evaluate the type of coverage you have for your sons sake.
These are just a few suggestions, my two cents