Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 25 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: If you need counselling before the first date, it's not a match....:)
is it a match to start a fire for the fireplace or bonfire .... surely i will need counselling w/my friends to see how big or small and the safest place to have it...
Jan 25 new
Hmnn, the least I'd settle for when choosing a potential date.....More often than not I've made it a policy to find someone who is frankly out of my league. It's not difficult and (as my marriage showed) when it works, the payoff is huge. I remember a cousin who, after meeting Heather for the first time, took me aside and asked: "Honestly Paul, how did YOU....?". We laughed and laughed.
Jan 25 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Hmnn, the least I'd settle for when choosing a potential date.....More often than not I've made it a policy to find someone who is frankly out of my league. It's not difficult and (as my marriage showed) when it works, the payoff is huge. I remember a cousin who, after meeting Heather for the first time, took me aside and asked: "Honestly Paul, how did YOU....?". We laughed and laughed.
oh my does that mean they better hit the ball out of the stadium for you to catch it .... definitely not able to hide might be able to run .... this is when the big bucks come into play .... yes, truly you did say paul honesty does pay big time ... care to share as care bear do .... wink smile crossfingers
Jan 25 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: oh my does that mean they better hit the ball out of the stadium for you to catch it
Genie, if they can make the bat connect with the ball at all, they're already out of my league :)
Jan 25 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Genie, if they can make the bat connect with the ball at all, they're already out of my league :)
laughing laughing laughing i surely don't need to go on comedy dinner date laughing laughing laughing

scratchchin surely your not less than a minor league ... i suspect that you have some hidden talents that may need someone's nurturing or is it crossing the line ....not a fishing line or outdoor laundry line .... care to indulge ... do have to stay away from those tempting chocolate and i'm sure your delighting many in here wink
Jan 25 new
(quote) Richard-999453 said: What would I settle for? Small agreements. Such as we agree to correspond with each other
Then we agree it is ok to ask questions to obtain additional information about each
other or to clarify something. We agree to call each other.
To eventually agree to see each other, even if it meant distance travel. I visit you and
while with you, get to see you area and vise versa.

All small steps that get us closer to each other. At some point we decide if we want to be
a couple or not (courting).

Richard your the knight-errant so many are waiting to knock on their door biggrin thank you that is most admirable coming from a gentleman ....
Jan 25 new
A yes from my request?

There is dating, then Dating, the courting, etc.

i can do the first- casual " going out" with no intentions. Heck this would be great actually. I haven't really be out with a member of the opposite sex for dinner since well it's been five years I would guess. So a yes to my invitation would be a minimum.
Jan 25 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: A yes from my request?

There is dating, then Dating, the courting, etc.

i can do the first- casual " going out" with no intentions. Heck this would be great actually. I haven't really be out with a member of the opposite sex for dinner since well it's been five years I would guess. So a yes to my invitation would be a minimum.
guess all of you are gentleman by posting in here and that is truly remarkable for the ladies ... thank you sooo much ... hug smile
Jan 25 new
Genie said "you only mention the small agreements ... that would be civil"

As usual you leave me scratching my head saying "Whaat"

All major agreements begin with first agreeing on the small supposedly insignificant
stuff. If there is no agreement on the supposedly insignificant stuff. Why continue?
move on? .
Ones ultimate goal is?? What?? to meet her or him?? marriage?? But how to reach
that goal is the question. First get them to respond, if none it is over, But if they do
then to get them interested in continuing to correspond and it keeps building.

I would never say to some (one who all I know about them is their picture (or not))
and what they wrote. I would never say. "I am madly in love with you, Marry me"
I would, humm! naw it won;t work. But maybe if we got to know each other first.
Small steps.
I hope it is now clear as mud.
God Bless You and please continue your little comments I love them

was it Confucius who said "A long
journey begins with the first step" or maybe it was "with a small step" At any
rate, meeting someone who may eventually be that some one special begins with
small steps.
Maybe you did not like the pictures but enjoyed the profile. So you ask a simple question
about the profile and hope they answer. If not go on. But if they do, then the next step
is how to keep their interest in you. That is another small step.
Did I even come close to answering your question??
Jan 25 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: i surely don't need to go on comedy dinner date
surely your not less than a minor league ... i suspect that you have some hidden talents that may need someone's nurturing or is it crossing the line ....not a fishing line or outdoor laundry line .... care to indulge ... do have to stay away from those tempting chocolate and i'm sure your delighting many in here
Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't actually being self-deprecating or metaphorical - I'm just literally not a good baseball player.
Posts 41 - 50 of 55