Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I've heard hardward or cart parts stores are a good place to meet guys but I've been spending a lot of times at Lowes and Home Depot because of my house and I'm still single...lol I would just find groups that do activities you like and try to meet a wide range of folks. Meetup.com has lots of hiking and social groups but it's depends on the area and how commited the organizers are. You can always start you own group there fairly easily so it's a good place to socialize and network. My area has lots of meetup groups that are very active. I'm an assistant organizer in 2 groups though I really just organize hikes. Best of luck.
Hi Ann,

Kudos to you for hanging out at Lowes and Home Depot. I was thinking I should get ahold of corporate headquarters and tell them they should put a coffee shop there, I think it would be amazing in both stores. People have to go there for their homes and what better way then to hang around and get to know your local neighborhood folks :0)

Our area has alot of meet up groups like yours. Your lucky to have the time to organize such events, my schedule to hectic at this point. Best of luck Ann!!!!!! biggrin

blessings,
sharon
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: Hi Ann,

Kudos to you for hanging out at Lowes and Home Depot. I was thinking I should get ahold of corporate headquarters and tell them they should put a coffee shop there, I think it would be amazing in both stores. People have to go there for their homes and what better way then to hang around and get to know your local neighborhood folks :0)

Our area has alot of meet up groups like yours. Your lucky to have the time to organize such events, my schedule to hectic at this point. Best of luck Ann!!!!!!

blessings,
sharon
So where are all the lovely Catholic Ladies when I go to Home Depot or Lowes? I'm in there several times a week depending and not once have I even been approached, other than sales!
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: So where are all the lovely Catholic Ladies when I go to Home Depot or Lowes? I'm in there several times a week depending and not once have I even been approached, other than sales!
...and where are they when I go to the grocery store?
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: So where are all the lovely Catholic Ladies when I go to Home Depot or Lowes? I'm in there several times a week depending and not once have I even been approached, other than sales!
laughing laughing
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: ...and where are they when I go to the grocery store?
laughing laughing
Jan 20th 2014 new
I was at Lowe's last weekend......... In Michigan!
Jan 20th 2014 new
Thanks Sharon! Since I was granted my annulment in Dec. I am going to have to put some of these ideas into action now--lol! You know how it goes...when you are unavailable the men approach---when you become available they are no where to be found! I will be in Home Depot this spring buying paint, etc..so I will keep my eyes open !
Jan 20th 2014 new
Johnny! You need to become familiar with the "traffic" at your local grocery store. Singles are most likely to shop after work,on their way home, 5-8p.m. during the week. biggrin Bonus: you will be able to tell from their groceries if they cook or not!!
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I've heard hardward or cart parts stores are a good place to meet guys but I've been spending a lot of times at Lowes and Home Depot because of my house and I'm still single...lol I would just find groups that do activities you like and try to meet a wide range of folks. Meetup.com has lots of hiking and social groups but it's depends on the area and how commited the organizers are. You can always start you own group there fairly easily so it's a good place to socialize and network. My area has lots of meetup groups that are very active. I'm an assistant organizer in 2 groups though I really just organize hikes. Best of luck.
The following is an introduction for the organizer of the Raw Food Meetup in Greenville:

"Like Eckhart Tolle, saunas, being spiritual partner, RV/boating, hiking, biking, 20s-40s slim companions, no male homosexuals."

I've met this guy before. He's over 60, divorced, and I would describe him as a dirty old man.
Would a young woman be interested in meeting him with that introduction? Maybe so...I've seen a lot of things in relationships that I've found hard to believe..
Jan 20th 2014 new
:shockedL Join a charity group? There are groups for charity dates? laughing

Shooting range? I'm good at getting shot down already! laughing
Posts 11 - 20 of 47