Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 20th 2014 new
I attend the local college basketball games- SDSU Aztecs who are now ranked number 7! There is a line for men's bathroom! So do I bring a sign- Widow available? I do talk to my nice men in my section but they are in their 70's!!

Triathalons: great place and a few have team events so you could volunteer to do one leg- I am the swimmer on my team.

Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: So where are all the lovely Catholic Ladies when I go to Home Depot or Lowes? I'm in there several times a week depending and not once have I even been approached, other than sales!
We are on the move from one area to another! Lately I have been going to Menards and making a beeline to the pet area for mealworms for bluebirds, but if I have the time to linger I like to wander. My favorite places are the paint (still looking for the perfect shade of yellow for my kitchen), paneling, lumber, outdoor, and power tool areas. Menards is a strange place, though. I actually bought a great daypack there last year and would have never noticed it if I hadn't been wandering. Really, who goes to a home center for something like that?
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: hmmmm, I was there last week
Hmmmm.... scratchchin smile
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) Michele-989480 said: Johnny! You need to become familiar with the "traffic" at your local grocery store. Singles are most likely to shop after work,on their way home, 5-8p.m. during the week. Bonus: you will be able to tell from their groceries if they cook or not!!
Maybe THAAAAAAT'S my problem. I go every other week and usually on a Saturday. Plus, I've tasked my daughter with that responsibility so she can learn. I just push the cart, turn my radar on, and scan the perimeter. laughing laughing laughing

Jan 20th 2014 new
Produce at your local Meijer is a good place.
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: I attend the local college basketball games- SDSU Aztecs who are now ranked number 7! There is a line for men's bathroom! So do I bring a sign- Widow available?  

laughing laughing Way to get creative and pull out all the stops! biggrin
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Maybe THAAAAAAT'S my problem. I go every other week and usually on a Saturday. Plus, I've tasked my daughter with that responsibility so she can learn. I just push the cart, turn my radar on, and scan the perimeter.

Hi Johnny,

Good idea to get kids involved and informed on shopping as early as possible.

Also good for them to learn about you as an individual outside the family dynamics.

The day I took my daughter shopping for her first formal, many women made a point of initiating a conversation with me !

And since my kids have their Mom's "psychic" abilities, it was always interesting to hear their reactions to people we met.

So, where do I find this " radar " ?
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said:  So, where do I find this " radar " ?
Hi, Bernie.

I've been taking my daughter for 4 years now.

I heard you can buy a duplicate "radar kit" on line like from the TV show, "Knight Rider". laughing laughing
Did you ever watch that show when it aired?
Jan 21st 2014 new
I meet and converse with women on occasion in the supermarket. Maybe once in a while in a Target or similar store. Very awkward to ask a stranger out after some small talk in a public place; but it can be done.
If she's into cooking and food I can really get a conversation going (anywhere). I sometimes find women who'll be eager to cook for me (but not in a romantic/relationship way). Sometimes I'll cook for them. Food really stirs my heart.
I mean stomach. But that's right below the heart.
Have to start somewhere.
Jan 21st 2014 new
Now I'm worried! 1 clap OK. 2 claps she is excited to see something? 3 claps, is she in search of a solution?

laughing PYHB::::: I am going to be SMACKED within an inch of life! laughing
Posts 31 - 40 of 47