Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Richard-137949 said: I meet and converse with women on occasion in the supermarket. Maybe once in a while in a Target or similar store. Very awkward to ask a stranger out after some small talk in a public place; but it can be done.
If she's into cooking and food I can really get a conversation going (anywhere). I sometimes find women who'll be eager to cook for me (but not in a romantic/relationship way). Sometimes I'll cook for them. Food really stirs my heart.
I mean stomach. But that's right below the heart.
Have to start somewhere.
Kudos to you! and I like your sense of humor! clap
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Hi, Bernie.

I've been taking my daughter for 4 years now.

I heard you can buy a duplicate "radar kit" on line like from the TV show, "Knight Rider".
Did you ever watch that show when it aired?
Hi Johnny,

I think I watched a couple shows on the original run from curiosity about the tech aspects. My two oldest saw it on reruns (or online?) years later.

I had almost forgotten the old "magic card " tournaments when kids were young ! Always seemed to be single moms looking for something to do while the kids did the card thing....
Jan 22nd 2014 new

Hi! One time in a Home Depot Their roof in one place was leaking badly during a rainstorm and a couple of employees were placing buckets under the drips and gazing up at the ceiling and waking buy unable to resist I quipped You can do it we can help

They were taken back at first then had to laugh but as far as meeting anyone Ive been in and out of those places so much doing first one project then another but that just never happened. A couple of times I have had women in the store checkout line be ahead or behind me and they are on the phone making any interaction impossible

Its very hard to meet someone by chance and I think in early times the church often had box lunches that the girls would make up and the fellows would make bids to share it with them what would help them and also was a good fund raiser for the church!

Now Popeye and Bluto had their own way of wooing Olive and let me see I cant think of any more rivals who were smitten with the same lady!

Jan 22nd 2014 new

Let's see...

Tuesday nights at CUB seem to be the night for men to grocery shop. One time I was approached three different times by men asking for directions. I was too naive to think it was anything more than that, so I showed them and checked my clothes to see if I was wearing the CUB uniform of the day. (Which I wasn't.)

Last week after mass, someone I would like to get to know better, invited me to Adoration at 3am. I took him up on his offer, because I do wake up every morning at 3 and it was nice knowing it would be safe to venture out at that wee hour.

Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Paul-99681 said:

Hi! One time in a Home Depot Their roof in one place was leaking badly during a rainstorm and a couple of employees were placing buckets under the drips and gazing up at the ceiling and waking buy unable to resist I quipped You can do it we can help

They were taken back at first then had to laugh but as far as meeting anyone Ive been in and out of those places so much doing first one project then another but that just never happened. A couple of times I have had women in the store checkout line be ahead or behind me and they are on the phone making any interaction impossible

Its very hard to meet someone by chance and I think in early times the church often had box lunches that the girls would make up and the fellows would make bids to share it with them what would help them and also was a good fund raiser for the church!

Now Popeye and Bluto had their own way of wooing Olive and let me see I cant think of any more rivals who were smitten with the same lady!

Good morning,

I'm sure your sense of humor took a while to set in with those home depot employees, they probably had a blank look on their faces for a bit.

Alot of truth to people always on the cell phones, which makes it tough to talk with them as you can't just tap them on the shoulder and interrupt their phone call.......

hmmm just a busy busy world. What I find sad, is how people come home from work, pull into their garages with the vehicles and you never see them again unless they are checking the mail. What happened to the good old days when neighbors would come out, kick the can was the best game in the neighborhood amongst the kids and people had picnics at the parks on the weekends.

Technology has it's pluses, but it also has it's negatives, communication is now via computers and iphones........

Have a blessed day,
Sharon
Jan 22nd 2014 new
I'm there more then a would like due to a problematic house. I've never actually spoken with folks there except to ask where I can find stuff. Their advice isn't always the best I've found and they don't always know much about the products.
Jan 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: I'm there more then a would like due to a problematic house. I've never actually spoken with folks there except to ask where I can find stuff. Their advice isn't always the best I've found and they don't always know much about the products.
Hi Ann,

Oh the joys of home ownership, right? I have found many of the employees very helpful and alot that are not, but I was speaking more in terms of the customers who shop there, you can always ask a customer while in there, "hey do you know where I could find whatever product you want to mention?" and I mean the customer who caught your eye, of course, he'd have to be single..................

blessings Ann and I hope you can bandage up your house,
Sharon
Posts 41 - 47 of 47