Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Keeping Her Interested in You

Jan 20th 2014 new
Hello everyone, just wanted to see what your opines are on this topic. What key things can we as men say or do to keep the lady interested in us? In my opinion, I think it is asking about her parents, and seeing to her well-being, and offering any advice I can to help along way. Also, having things in common, and being able to expand on that theme, while also demonstrating you are good person, and that with her you will be an even more refined man. I do have my flaws, and that with her being interested in me, gives me the clarity to see what is really important. I want to be the best person I can be, so ladies one and all, I beech you to aid in this endeavor to help not just me, but all men here to be in touch with the lady's needs and being.
Jan 20th 2014 new
(quote) William-888220 said: Hello everyone, just wanted to see what your opines are on this topic. What key things can we as men say or do to keep the lady interested in us? In my opinion, I think it is asking about her parents, and seeing to her well-being, and offering any advice I can to help along way. Also, having things in common, and being able to expand on that theme, while also demonstrating you are good person, and that with her you will be an even more refined man. I do have my flaws, and that with her being interested in me, gives me the clarity to see what is really important. I want to be the best person I can be, so ladies one and all, I beech you to aid in this endeavor to help not just me, but all men here to be in touch with the lady's needs and being.
Does she know that you would be/are ready to provide, profess, and protect her?
Jan 21st 2014 new
I think the only answer to this is "be the man she is looking for"--but that is something you become before you meet her. ;)
Jan 21st 2014 new
To keep a woman interested, you must show that you care for her and also that you care to give your best to her. By 'giving your best' I mean showing respect for her, her heart, her wholeness as a person. This involves things like taking care to look nice for a date, especially a first date, in grooming, clothing, promptness -- no need to spend an unusual amount of money on fancy clothing unless the setting calls for it, but at least wearing something other than your tackiest t-shirt and dirty jeans. Shaving or grooming facial hair is appreciated. You should show interest in her by remembering details she may have shared with you in her profile, emails, phone calls, and asking her more about them. You should show your manners by opening doors or when walking together staying at her side rather than plowing on ahead without regard to her pace or if she falls far behind you in your headlong rush. You should watch your language and not treat her as one of the boys - respect her femininity. You should let her see that you are looking forward to spending time with her now and in the future, especially not making her feel she is just a bit of bling you want add to your arm, or that you feel an obligation to be with her or marry her rather than a burning desire to do so with your heart.
Jan 21st 2014 new
Be yourself, be honest, have goals.....do not be afraid to talk about different things-do not be too clingy, and let it flow. :)
Jan 21st 2014 new
All good answers...I especially like Monica's, to which I'd add: your ability to keep a woman interested in you is surprisingly limited. If she's interested she'll find ways of letting you know, and if she's not there is precious little you can do to change her mind.
Jan 21st 2014 new
Rachel said: You should let her see that you are looking forward to spending time with her now and in the future, especially not making her feel she is just a bit of bling you want add to your arm, or that you feel an obligation to be with her or marry her rather than a burning desire to do so with your heart.

Bow thumbsup hyper rose


Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) William-888220 said: Hello everyone, just wanted to see what your opines are on this topic. What key things can we as men say or do to keep the lady interested in us? In my opinion, I think it is asking about her parents, and seeing to her well-being, and offering any advice I can to help along way. Also, having things in common, and being able to expand on that theme, while also demonstrating you are good person, and that with her you will be an even more refined man. I do have my flaws, and that with her being interested in me, gives me the clarity to see what is really important. I want to be the best person I can be, so ladies one and all, I beech you to aid in this endeavor to help not just me, but all men here to be in touch with the lady's needs and being.
I would say pay attention to her. Send her small texts throughout the day just touching base -- one is fine or more if you can but do not blow up her phone doing so.

Ask about her day and her work and do whatever it takes to not let the glazed look overtake you :-).

Be polite and protective in small ways -- like walk on the outside toward the street, make sure she is safely in the car before you hop in and start it, match your pace to hers when strolling, bring her a surprise or a treat nothing outrageous but something that lets her know you are interested in her as well and that she matters to you.

I've mentioned this before but I think my favorite gift from my husband was this little hard plastic unicorn, with some fur attached lol that could clip onto things. He knew I collected unicorns and had seen it at one of the truck stops they were working on. He was almost embarrassed to give it to me because it was so cheaply made not to mention inexpensive. But, I loved it. It was one of the most touching gifts I have ever received.


Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said:  Send her small texts throughout the day just touching base



I agree that this is a good thing to do where the woman is already interested in you - as well as an annoyance that will bring the curtain down sharply if she's not. That's what I meant in my earlier post. Most advice of this kind is great if the interest in you happens to be there, there, and kind of beside the point if it isn't. I have really, reluctantly come around to the view that all you can do is put yourself out there and the women who want you will sooner or later see you - but you will never change the minds of any of the rest, wlll never talk anyone into a relationship (certainly not into a lasting one). Can't be done; or is done so seldom that it shouldn't be hoped for. I would be interested to know if others here agree or disagree on this point.
Jan 21st 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: I agree that this is a good thing to do where the woman is already interested in you - as well as an annoyance that will bring the curtain down sharply if she's not. That's what I meant in my earlier post. Most advice of this kind is great if the interest in you happens to be there, there, and kind of beside the point if it isn't. I have really, reluctantly come around to the view that all you can do is put yourself out there and the women who want you will sooner or later see you - but you will never change the minds of any of the rest, wlll never talk anyone into a relationship (certainly not into a lasting one). Can't be done; or is done so seldom that it shouldn't be hoped for. I would be interested to know if others here agree or disagree on this point.
I don't know about that Paul. I have seen persistence pay off, as long as it isn't creepy persistence :-)). I think it really depends on the individuals. Some people already have a set image in their head and nothing else will do, others are more open to meeting new people.

You know when my husband was killed I was inundated with grief books, which did nothing but irk the heck out of me, because they all start with: "There is no right way to grieve it is different for everyone. . ." and I didn't want wishy washy, I wanted cold hard black and white facts -- you will feel this for six weeks, you will think this for 82 hours and then it will be done. . . but it doesn't work that way.

I suspect dating online or otherwise is exactly the same. We look at profiles and think oh wow he/she likes this or that, they think this or that, we should be a good match --- but then you can't even get a hello from them. I wonder sometimes if we need to reevaluate what and who we might be looking for, and perhaps we would get a hello.

While I don't think you can talk someone into relationship, I surly do think you talk someone into meeting for coffee. However, if the other person seems uncomfortable or frightened then its time to drop the persistent stance and move on to someone else.
Posts 1 - 10 of 22