Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

.... that won't go away (for 2 days now). It covers the "red number" notification, Favorites online, and gear so those can't be used. This is on my Android tablet.

Thank you.
Jan 24 new
I can just click the x on the message notification box and it goes away -- does that not work for you?
Jan 24 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: I can just click the x on the message notification box and it goes away -- does that not work for you?
Briefly goes away, but when screen repaints, it's there again ... and again .. and again ...
Jan 24 new
ugh! Hopefully it will be fixed by the great fixers of the site soon!
Jan 24 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Briefly goes away, but when screen repaints, it's there again ... and again .. and again ...
Bob - just tried it from both my laptop and my android, and have not been able to replicate the problem you are having yet. Once I can replicate it - I will can help you figure out how to make it disappear.
Thought it might have had something to do with being logged in multiple times - but that does not seem to be a problem right now. Will let you know if I get any further in troubleshooting it.
Jan 24 new
Correction: With my account showing 2 "active" logins - I get two pop message notifications - as I was expecting might be the issue. Need to try it again in a bit to replicate - but my guess is if you go into your account from the gear icon in top left - that it will show 2 or more active logins - and that you are getting a notification for each active login - all on the same screen in succession. Try to "signout" from each of the active logins except the current - my guess is you will then be down to a single notification for a single message. But I will try it again later to try to replicate how I was able to get multiple notifications similar to what you are seeing.
Jan 24 new
Troubleshooting is so much fun irked
Just realized that the person had sent me 2 messages - and may very well be why I saw 2 notifications.
Did not want to drive Nathan nuts, trying to replicate my conclusion - when my previous conclusion is probably 100% wrong LOL
Jan 24 new
Bob, good new and bad news for you....
The problem can be replicated VERY easily (the good news)
When the notification appears there are two things you can click on:
The word "emotigram" or the "x" in the top right corner of the notification.
Clicking on the "emotigram" is what causes the window to reappear no matter how man y times you click it.
Clicking on the "x" will prevent it from re-appearing - though I know this is bad news for you since on a tablet and or cell phone the "x" is VERY small and VERY hard to click on (in my opinion of course).
So hopefully, now that the problem can be easily replicated on demand, there is an opportunity to begin to find a possible fix for it. But like I say - the current fix would be to click the little "x" which will stop the notification from
popping up repetitively.
Jan 24 new
I posted the same issue on Jan. 18th.
Jan 24 new
I posted the same issue on Jan. 18th.
Posts 1 - 10 of 12