Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Someone whose judgment I respect surprised me recently by taking the position that not replying to a message is actually less hurtful, or at any rate no more hurtful, than replying to with any kind of 'thanks but no thanks' message. He also argued that it's well understood in the online environment that no one is entitled to a reply. Still, he's an outlier, in my experience most people do tend to think that nothing is worse than being ignored.
I am by no means upset or hurt. No way that someone I don't know hurt me. I am just very very surprised. It is not something I would ever do.
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: Is to be not-replied-to the same as being ignored ?
Yes I think so.
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Jamie-1031385 said: I am by no means upset or hurt. No way that someone I don't know hurt me. I am just very very surprised. It is not something I would ever do.
- but evidently it is something that some people would do, perhaps because their
style is less direct ?
Feb 14th 2014 new
After a few 'Not Interested' messages most people come to realize that being ignored is preferable to being told over and over that a multitude of men aren't interested.. Women, I think. tend to go right to the "It must be my looks" or " I'm ugly" scenario.. Some have even posted as such.. Like someone else said, the best offense is to have no expectations of a reply but be pleasantly surprised when there is one.
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: - but evidently it is something that some people would do, perhaps because their
style is less direct ?
Yes, like when I am sitting next to you discussing OBAMA and you have no reply to my discussion. Something like that.
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: After a few 'Not Interested' messages most people come to realize that being ignored is preferable to being told over and over that a multitude of men aren't interested.. Women, I think. tend to go right to the "It must be my looks" or " I'm ugly" scenario.. Some have even posted as such.. Like someone else said, the best offense is to have no expectations of a reply but be pleasantly surprised when there is one.
Actually it is none of those. So many had piled up that I just wanted to do a play on unanswered messages.
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Jamie-1031385 said: Yes, like when I am sitting next to you discussing OBAMA and you have no reply to my discussion. Something like that.
Regarding that particular topic of discussion, I would tend to be silent,
on the principle that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything
at all. smile
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: Regarding that particular topic of discussion, I would tend to be silent,
on the principle that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything
at all.
Is that a joke or are you being serious? I was just responding to your comment.
Feb 14th 2014 new
Heck, Jamie, hasn't Kevin given you five replies thus far?
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Heck, Jamie, hasn't Kevin given you five replies thus far?
No and I don't want them! It really was just a spoof.
Posts 11 - 20 of 82