Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Jamie-1031385 said: It is funny since I posted this topic and changed my profile picture, I have gotten about 8 views and 5 messages. So I know have to respone.
Changing your profile photo frequently (every 30-90 days) and adding a few new scrap book photos every month also a big help. New photos like this will get noticed on people's home page. Also there is a theory we have about photos in generally, how and why people react they way they do. Also Also often times when a profile is new it may not have the best photo or the right photos and thus the profile might get passed over by lots of people. Once the photos get updated again they will often get a second look by those who already saw the photo as well as attract new attention. None of this is scientific just based on years of observations.
Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Maryjane-408997 said: Jamie,
I totally agree with you. My experiences are similiar.
It is apparent that my Mom raised some fantastic sons for some other women's un-deserving daughters. God help the ingrates to see the light.
I echo your sentiments if I cannot get a reply or I get a rejection then those ladies do not deserve me
Feb 17th 2014 new
What does omg mean?
Feb 17th 2014 new
It should mean of "Oh my gosh".
Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Jamie-1031385 said: I know this dead horse has been been to death, however, I am going to beat it a little more.

Why don't men reply to a message sent? That is the question.

I am aggravated, disappointed, irritated, etc, etc. In the past two weeks I have probably sent out 4 messages. I screen my potentials very well. I really thought that they could read, write, and type but maybe not. I always send a message one to show I am an active member and two to show that this is a serious message. I always start off the same way: Hi Bill this is Jamie I hope your day is going well. Then I talk a little about his profile and the things we have in common. Then end with a Hope you have a good evening and God Bless. Do you see a marriage proposal in there anywhere? I think it must be in there somewhere. I have yet to receive a peep of a reply. Manners that's what it is. There Mother did not teach them any manners. In their profile they say nice, considerate, good with people - they need to modify their profiles. The one I am really surprised about was one close to home where my parents grew up and I still have family. Na Da, nothing, and this guy was no prince charming if you know what I mean.

What can I do different? I know there is an expert out there somewhere.
Be patient, Jamie, and let Prince Charming catch his breath before he responds to you. But be ready when the thunder rolls for you just might find yourself out catching falling stars on a moonless night. Then what are YOU gonna do?
Feb 17th 2014 new
Great advice Brian....keep it coming.
Feb 17th 2014 new
(quote) Jamie-1031385 said: I know this dead horse has been been to death, however, I am going to beat it a little more.

Why don't men reply to a message sent? That is the question.

I am aggravated, disappointed, irritated, etc, etc. In the past two weeks I have probably sent out 4 messages. I screen my potentials very well. I really thought that they could read, write, and type but maybe not. I always send a message one to show I am an active member and two to show that this is a serious message. I always start off the same way: Hi Bill this is Jamie I hope your day is going well. Then I talk a little about his profile and the things we have in common. Then end with a Hope you have a good evening and God Bless. Do you see a marriage proposal in there anywhere? I think it must be in there somewhere. I have yet to receive a peep of a reply. Manners that's what it is. There Mother did not teach them any manners. In their profile they say nice, considerate, good with people - they need to modify their profiles. The one I am really surprised about was one close to home where my parents grew up and I still have family. Na Da, nothing, and this guy was no prince charming if you know what I mean.

What can I do different? I know there is an expert out there somewhere.
Hello Jamie,

I think alot of us understand completely where your coming from. I have a quick story that isn't really about what you wrote, but more about your title, OMG, where in the heck is my reply? OMG meaning Oh my God.

I use to say Oh my God alot and never had the knowledge that it was wrong until someone brought it up to me. This woman who was a devout catholic said, "Sharon, do you realize that you say Oh my God alot in your sentences? I said, "yes", why are you bringing that to my attention? She said, "Sharon do you know that it's using God's name in vain?" I really didn't believe in my heart that I was using His name in vain, and I told her you hear it just about on every TV show and everyone uses the OMG when texting, etc.

After she spoke to be for about five minutes on the subject, I asked her and others to hold me accountable everytime I said it. They did, and it took me a while to get over that habit. Now, when I listen to TV, I cannot believe that there isn't a show, movie or sitcom that uses that phrase alot.

By no means did I bring it to your attention to be mean, but maybe you don't realize like myself, that it is taking God's name in vain. Please don't be upset with me, but when I saw the title of the forum, I thought I'd share my experience in having this person bring it to light to me.

blessings,
sharon
Feb 18th 2014 new
Jamie, It isn't you. Honest...what it is in my opinion is the "playing field" we are in. There are a lot of "lookers". That's my guess. Doesn't matter how great your photo may be or that you are the perfect
age or incredibly charming.........some are not going to get involved with anyone. Again they are "lookers."
Feb 18th 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: Hello Jamie,

I think alot of us understand completely where your coming from. I have a quick story that isn't really about what you wrote, but more about your title, OMG, where in the heck is my reply? OMG meaning Oh my God.

I use to say Oh my God alot and never had the knowledge that it was wrong until someone brought it up to me. This woman who was a devout catholic said, "Sharon, do you realize that you say Oh my God alot in your sentences? I said, "yes", why are you bringing that to my attention? She said, "Sharon do you know that it's using God's name in vain?" I really didn't believe in my heart that I was using His name in vain, and I told her you hear it just about on every TV show and everyone uses the OMG when texting, etc.

After she spoke to be for about five minutes on the subject, I asked her and others to hold me accountable everytime I said it. They did, and it took me a while to get over that habit. Now, when I listen to TV, I cannot believe that there isn't a show, movie or sitcom that uses that phrase alot.

By no means did I bring it to your attention to be mean, but maybe you don't realize like myself, that it is taking God's name in vain. Please don't be upset with me, but when I saw the title of the forum, I thought I'd share my experience in having this person bring it to light to me.

blessings,
sharon
Hi Sharon, do you think it's cheating to say "oh my gosh!"? Or other such phrases that are obviously invented to get around the prohibition?
Feb 18th 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: Hello Jamie,

blessings,
sharon
Thank you, Sharon, for bringing up a very important fact that so many people don't think about, care to acknowledge, admit! I never like to hear it and never say it except in devout prayer! I taught my children never to speak God's name casually either -- not even cheating words like 'gosh' or 'darn' pass muster in my home. I think it really matters and none of us should want to offend God unthinkingly this way!
Posts 41 - 50 of 82