Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Feb 27th 2014 new
Guffaw!!!
Feb 27th 2014 new
Guffaw!!!
Feb 27th 2014 new

The last time I laughed so hard over the insertion of "pants" was when reading "Diary of a Wimpy Kid."

Beautiful prose, Paul. Thanks for sharing.

Feb 27th 2014 new
Not ... wheezefawrtle?
Feb 27th 2014 new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said: Let's hope that there is no language in the world where the sound 'fanfare' stands for pants, or the sentence as translated would mean, "Since I was born into this world with no pants, I'd like to depart in the same manner."

Or sump'n likit.
For propriety sake, once we're dead it is a loved one (with the help of the mortician) who takes care of these last details. So the same thing goes for the obit. What we did or failed to do in life is the true testament of the kind of person we were, and anyone who cares will know this.

Jesus did not write about himself just before he was taken by soldiers to be beaten and executed. The writings began after his death by his loved ones. I will say no further on this topic as I find it disconcerting...
Feb 27th 2014 new
At the end of days, God and I will review my life together. That is the true obituary which I will have written.
By keeping the end in mind as we travel the journey, it might help us to determine which roads to take.
And for the dead-end detours, may God have mercy on my soul.

Feb 28th 2014 new
At the end of your days, the review will be private.

At the End of Days, the review will be highly public as everybody will review your life and you will review everybody else's.

Now, will it be interesting or dull to review the lives of the first apes to receive souls, assuming, as some do, that the Genesis story of Adam and Eve is mythical, and how much trawling through their paltry subintelligent lives will we have to do to find something serious enough for Jesus to die for?
Mar 16th 2014 new
www.cnn.com

Hi Sharon, I thought you might like this obit.
Mar 17th 2014 new
"She was a disappointment to herself, but at least her children aren't obnoxious."
Posts 61 - 69 of 69