Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 26th 2014 new
Hi Chris,

I never started drinking either. I enjoy people's company just fine with a cup of tea. I can get along with people who enjoy a few drinks, but I don't think I would like the atmosphere at a heavy drinking party.

I'm sorry you are surrounded by heavy drinkers--that must be tough. The only things I can think of are to seek out people with similar interests or be content with the few friends who drink casually.

Monica
Feb 26th 2014 new
(quote) Chris-947337 said: Thank you for the kind words and I commend you as well for quitting and staying that way! I can only imagine how difficult that was. One of my reasons for never starting was seeing so many that couldn't quit! Best way to never have that problem is to never start I figured. Same philosophy I had to smoking, drugs and the like. Never start, never have to stop, never potentially hurt anyone because of it. Also, prayer for a prayer sounds like a deal to me!

Chris,

Last night I made reference to you quitting alcohol....when in reality you never started.

My apologies.

Guess you can "chalk that up" to old age or..."fried brain cells"! lol!

Anyway....the longer you stay with CM....the more you will find there are ladies who don't drink....or drink very little.

Feb 26th 2014 new
And my use of the word "kids" extends to anyone under age 45! Soon, I'll be saying you young whippersnappers! LOL
Feb 26th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Have you tried to figure out any places you can go to meet people who are like-minded?
Yes I have but with little success. It is so commonplace here that it is truly impossible to find anyone with my same ideal. I have come to accept this but it doesnt stop me from looking. It is part of why I posted on here. I find many mature people have made such a decision, usually due to having a family or just past experiences. It is very difficult to find someone like me in that regard. Ill have to wait a few years I think haha.
Feb 26th 2014 new
(quote) Monica-1041997 said: Hi Chris,

I never started drinking either. I enjoy people's company just fine with a cup of tea. I can get along with people who enjoy a few drinks, but I don't think I would like the atmosphere at a heavy drinking party.

I'm sorry you are surrounded by heavy drinkers--that must be tough. The only things I can think of are to seek out people with similar interests or be content with the few friends who drink casually.

Monica
Yes, I am completely the same way. I cant wait for the day that drinking excessively goes the way of the dodo. I kind of think it might. Seems more and more people find smart attractive. It might become what seatbelt wearing has become. It was cool not to wear it, even though not smart. Now, I dont know a single person that doest wear one, possibly for fear of being viewed negatively.
Feb 26th 2014 new
Honestly, I think it is the people you spend time with as I am a couple of years older than you, and my friends drink from time to time, but it is not an issue at all. In fact, if I never drank again, I wouldn't care. I do have a glass of wine maybe once or twice a month, but it's not something that I think about. I know I put 'socially' on my profile, but I am sure there are other women like me, who could take it or leave it. Granted, most of my friends are married mothers, so drinking is not the biggest part of their life, but even for me, a single woman, if I never had another glass of wine again, I would barely notice. I guess find people who don't drink as much as the people you spend time and you'll be with others who generally believe as you do.
Feb 27th 2014 new
Well, Chris, at least in Minnesota you don't have to drink 'til your face falls off. Just walk outside and the cold will do it for you!
Feb 27th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said: And my use of the word "kids" extends to anyone under age 45! Soon, I'll be saying you young whippersnappers! LOL
Oh, granny, just sit back in your rocking chair! duck

Feb 27th 2014 new
Watch it, Sonny! laughing
Feb 27th 2014 new
(quote) Chris-947337 said: Yes I have but with little success. It is so commonplace here that it is truly impossible to find anyone with my same ideal. I have come to accept this but it doesnt stop me from looking. It is part of why I posted on here. I find many mature people have made such a decision, usually due to having a family or just past experiences. It is very difficult to find someone like me in that regard. Ill have to wait a few years I think haha.
Just a question, Chris. In that you are unable to change the culture of your living environment, have you ever considered the option of moving to an area where there would be a broader mix of people?
Posts 31 - 40 of 73