Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: You want worse, I'll tell you worse....an alcoholic businessman I knew, now deceased, was on a working trip and woke up in a haze in his notel room to find his briefcase bulging with hundreds of fresh, packaged condoms....for which he had no need or desire...but also no memory at all of how they got there! I guess it's things like this that led to the formation of Temperance Leagues :)
Wow....that is WORSE! I noticed you used the the word "notel" Are you sure he wasn't staying at the "No-tell Motel"? jk!
Mar 6th 2014 new
....when I ran into a guy i knew (who I had not seen in some time) in Downtown Dallas. He was being transported on foot from one jail to another...wearing "prison whites" and shackled both hands and feet. So he was "scooting" with other prisoners and happened to look up at me coming out of jury duty. I said, "Randy?" He said, "Jerry....how's it going?" (this with a red face and sheepish look) I just said, "Apparently better than you" (I don't know what he was in for...but Randy was the greatest guy in the world if he wasn't drinking...so I suspect his fists got him into trouble)
Mar 6th 2014 new
.....when you are serving Mass and a "bad" dog comes sauntering in the open doors of the Sanctuary and finds his way up the 12 or so steps of the altar and comes straight up. The Monsignor I was serving for could sometimes have the attitude of that dog if he was hungover. And he was that day. He demanded for me to get the animal off the altar. But each time I did...the dog tried to bite me. Father was then livid and said, "You're supposed to do it like this!" (while grabbing the now very peeved canine stranger) He promptly bit him on the arm. He then yelled loudly, "Well someone get him out of here!!!" By then several men came running up....and coaxed him down as "animal control" arrived. When I told my parents...they were shocked...and I think I saw a smile too~
Mar 7th 2014 new
weeping When you accidentally locked your car, leaving your keys, cell phone and purse in the trunk! Then on top of it you don't remember your family or friends phone numbers to call and help you in your predicament. What to do!
Mar 7th 2014 new
(quote) Eilzabeth-1044942 said: When you accidentally locked your car, leaving your keys, cell phone and purse in the trunk! Then on top of it you don't remember your family or friends phone numbers to call and help you in your predicament. What to do!
Wow....bummer!
Mar 7th 2014 new
biggrin Bummer! You are quite right Jerry! Thank goodness there's was a good Samaritan that offered to call Road service for me and saved my day, turned my bad day into a Good day! Thanks be to God! and to the good Samaritan. Needless to say I am very careful and mindful now!.
Mar 7th 2014 new
Good for you! I still have serving Mass on my mind and this seems appropriate at this time of year. You know you are having a bad day.....when you are "thurifer" for the Stations of the Cross (yes every Friday during Lent) and the priest hands back the "thurible" to be re-loaded with incense. After dropping the black wafer in....I couldn't get the top to slide down the chain...so I "helped" by touching it and BURNED the heck out of two fingers. I just kept working...although Father "D" looked at me like..."You okay?" I even remember which Station too; the eleventh.
Mar 7th 2014 new

smile Oh Jerry! You poor thing! Hope your two fingers are still intact, just kidding :). Yes! you were definitely having a bad day then and vice versa for you were doing an awesome service for Him too!. That's all it matters, right?.

Mar 7th 2014 new
When you hit so many curbs that you only have two hub caps left.
Mar 7th 2014 new
When you pick up the paper and find Whitey Bulger is getting a tax payers lawyer.
newslogosdesign.blogspot.com
Cast Iron Nerve rolling eyes
Posts 31 - 40 of 200